Time to Regulate

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my C.C. but don't have a carry gun. I really want to attend a GOOD class before I even buy a carry gun. I was a Correctional Officer for 29 years and know what it means for the S*%t to hit the fan but I'll be danged if I want to be the guy who shoots someone wrongfully. I know a class won't protect me, only years of experience can but I want to be as prepared as possible.

Townhall.com
Derek Hunter
March 4, 2018

Democrats, in a feat of political exploitation unrivaled in the 21st century, are now using the kids from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School to sign fundraising emails. Part of me had hoped the party of grave-dancing would find using children in this way would be a bridge too far, but the rest of me knew they didn’t have it in them to be tactful, decent people. After all, every left-wing activist group had, one day after the shooting, started sweeping into town to organize what they and their fellow travelers in the media all claimed was an “organic, grassroots” response to the tragedy. If they couldn’t wait 24 hours before attaching the marionette strings to those kids, the fact that they waited 2 weeks before attempting to use them to line their own pockets is as close to decency as they’re going to get.

With that in mind, and as liberals line up behind a shield made of children to march on the Second Amendment, it’s important to remember what happens when you attempt to compromise with people whose ultimate goal is your obliteration and why no amount of compromise will ever be enough.

There is an example from our recent past that shows how compromise works when it comes to big government liberals. It may not be perfect, and it isn’t pretty, but it is what happens when you accept the concept of diminishing the rights of innocent people over the actions of the guilty.

You have to dig in your heels and make clear you will never, ever acquiesce to their demands. This has been the tactic of the National Rifle Association when it comes to the Second Amendment, and it is the correct choice. But it hasn’t been the choice made by others in the past.

One particular group that has seen “compromise” used as a way to strip them of their rights is smokers. Now smokers aren’t exactly a group of people who are going to elicit a lot of sympathy or concern from people (junkies, sure, but people who use a legal product are fair game when it comes to attack, which is weird). But what happened to smokers is a useful tool for illustrating why the American people should not compromise with liberals when it comes to one of our fundamental freedoms.

Comedian and podcaster Adam Carolla has made this point many times on his show, so I can’t take credit for it. But it certainly exemplifies how a slope quickly becomes slippery and, if your interest is simply compromise, you can compromise your rights away.

To paraphrase Carolla, there was a time when you could smoke in restaurants. They are private property, and if the owner wanted to allow smoking, smoking was allowed. Then the government (liberals) decided smokers should be herded into their own area of a restaurant, the “smoking section.” So they went so smokers in the main dining room and said, “We’re going to need you to sit over here, in this side room You can smoke all you want, we just don’t want other people to smell it while they’re eating. You understand, right?”

Smokers, not wanting to cause a scene and knowing some non-smokers could be annoyed, happily complied.

Then the government comes back and says, “We’re going to need you to move to the bar area when you smoke. People are drinking there, and eating here, so it’d just be better if you moved over there.”

Smokers picked up their ashtrays, “Sure thing,” they said, and moved to the bar.

The government comes back and says they need smokers to step out front. “If you could just stand out front and smoke, that would be much better for everyone, OK? Don’t worry, there’s an awning and a heater, so you’ll be protected from the weather.”

Smokers picked up and moved outside.

“If you could move 50 feet from the door, that would be very helpful,” the government said next. “People smell smoke as they walk in the door and we don’t want that. Thanks.”

And now smokers are stuck down the block, wet and wondering how this happened. If someone had come up to them at first and said, “Hey, get down the street if you want to smoke,” it never would have happened, they wouldn’t have stood for it. But little by little, inch by inch, they moved because each move was small and seemed like a compromise.

Now smokers are never getting back inside, even if the owners of a bar or restaurant want them to. Their rights are gone, the private property rights of the owners are gone, and it was all done in the name of compromise.

There is no compromise with someone who doesn’t want you to exist, there is only incrementally losing ground until you no longer exist. A right diminished will never return, government does not cede back power once seized.

The NRA is right to hold its ground, it’s why the organization exists in the first place. Liberals are not honest brokers when it comes to the issue of guns, and neither is the media. Trying to appease leftists never works because nothing short of everything they want is ever enough for them.

If people who support the Second Amendment start to compromise with liberals whose ultimate goal is to strip everyone of their right to defend themselves, it won’t be too long before they’re out on the street in the rain with the smokers. Never give them an inch.

BREAKING NEWS: Seventy-Two Killed Resisting Gun Confiscation In Maryland.

National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.
One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.
During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.
Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.
And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.
History. Study it, or repeat it.

One of my biggest concerns with regulations is that 9 people who are APPOINTED get to interpret these laws and rights for you. They are not elected officials and often hold that position for life. If you dont agree with them there is basically no way to remove them EVER. They can only be impeached.

In U.S. history, one justice was impeached, but not convicted, and one justice resigned under the threat of impeachment.

I think that we have to look at this entire situation in a different direction...
Back when the amendment was written the arsenal was muzzleloader equipment..on the verge of repeating arms...now we have semi and full auto capabilities....
I believe that our forefathers saw the future ahead of us...I believe they not only meant for the militia to be fully armed...but FULLY ARMED to compete against any enemy... and if our enemy was fully armed with automatic weaponry how could we the public defend ourselves and family by only having a muzzleloader....
If our government (HOMELAND SECURITY and others whom now have thousands of rounds stashed in their own homes) possess arms that will wipe the fighting citizens from the fight..so should the citizens have the same weaponry....we could not protect ourselves with lesser arms...

Again...I do not have an AR style rifle(other than a couple 22s)...I do feel under gunned these days...
And I do see myself getting one real soon....
I live in an area where there is now HLS, FBI, CIA, STATE, COUNTY, CITY and Tribal policing.....
I don't feel very comfortable....

I still don't believe just because you have a CC you should have the right to own /possess an AR style rifle anymore than any other lawful citizens...
how many cops have been found going off the deep end...how many abuse their power period...
Oh I am a cop and I can make your life hell.....
good luck with that...I got married.......take a number....

Just a copy and paste stolen from another site.

Just what starts a Civil War any way?

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can’t
settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree
that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.

That’s the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When
you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a
country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a
countdown to a civil war.

The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from
office and overturning the results of an election. We all know that.
But it’s not the first time they’ve done this. The first time a
Republican president was elected this century, they said he didn’t
really win. The Supreme Court gave him the election. There’s a pattern
here.

What do sure odds of the Democrats rejecting the next Republican
president really mean? It means they don’t accept the results of any
election that they don’t win. It means they don’t believe that
transfers of power in this country are determined by elections.

That’s a civil war.

There’s no shooting. At least not unless you count the attempt to
kill a bunch of Republicans at a charity baseball game practice. But
the Democrats have rejected our system of government.

This isn’t dissent. It’s not disagreement. You can hate the other
party. You can think they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the
country. But then you work harder to win the next election. When you
consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what
you want is a dictatorship.

Your very own dictatorship.

The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to
Democrats, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it’s
inherently illegitimate. The Democrats lost Congress. They lost the
White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country
through Federal judges and bureaucrats. Every time that a Federal
judge issues an order saying that the President of the United States
can’t scratch his own back without his say so, that’s the civil war.

Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that’s not
the system that runs this country. The Democrat's system is that any
part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over
the country.

If the Democrats are in the White House, then the president can do
anything. And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal
aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance. His power is
unlimited. He’s a dictator.

But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President
can’t do anything. He isn’t even allowed to undo the illegal alien
amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented. A Democrat in the
White House has “discretion” to completely decide every aspect of
immigration policy. A Republican doesn’t even have the “discretion” to
reverse him. That’s how the game is played. That’s how our country is
run. Sad but true, although the left hasn’t yet won that particular
fight.

When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren’t even allowed to
enforce immigration law. But when a Republican is in the White House,
states can create their own immigration laws. Under Obama, a state
wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission. But
under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an
independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.

The Constitution has something to say about that.

Whether it’s Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary,
the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an
institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in
the land. This is what I call a moving dictatorship.

Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding:
Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can’t
serve in if you’re not a member. If you haven’t been indoctrinated
into its arcane rituals. If you aren’t in the club. And Trump isn’t in
the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren’t in the club with
him.

Now we’re seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on
them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to
jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That’s not a free country.

It’s not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out
an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the election. It’s not a
free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the
opposition. It’s not a free country when the media responds to the
other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that
supported him from social media It’s not a free country when all of
the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who
wasn’t supposed to win.

Have no doubt, we’re in a civil war between conservative volunteer
government and a leftist Democrat professional government.

Squeeze said:
Just a copy and paste stolen from another site.

Just what starts a Civil War any way?

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can’t
settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree
that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.

That’s the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When
you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a
country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a
countdown to a civil war.

The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from
office and overturning the results of an election. We all know that.
But it’s not the first time they’ve done this. The first time a
Republican president was elected this century, they said he didn’t
really win. The Supreme Court gave him the election. There’s a pattern
here.

What do sure odds of the Democrats rejecting the next Republican
president really mean? It means they don’t accept the results of any
election that they don’t win. It means they don’t believe that
transfers of power in this country are determined by elections.

That’s a civil war.

There’s no shooting. At least not unless you count the attempt to
kill a bunch of Republicans at a charity baseball game practice. But
the Democrats have rejected our system of government.

This isn’t dissent. It’s not disagreement. You can hate the other
party. You can think they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the
country. But then you work harder to win the next election. When you
consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what
you want is a dictatorship.

Your very own dictatorship.

The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to
Democrats, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it’s
inherently illegitimate. The Democrats lost Congress. They lost the
White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country
through Federal judges and bureaucrats. Every time that a Federal
judge issues an order saying that the President of the United States
can’t scratch his own back without his say so, that’s the civil war.

Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that’s not
the system that runs this country. The Democrat's system is that any
part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over
the country.

If the Democrats are in the White House, then the president can do
anything. And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal
aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance. His power is
unlimited. He’s a dictator.

But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President
can’t do anything. He isn’t even allowed to undo the illegal alien
amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented. A Democrat in the
White House has “discretion” to completely decide every aspect of
immigration policy. A Republican doesn’t even have the “discretion” to
reverse him. That’s how the game is played. That’s how our country is
run. Sad but true, although the left hasn’t yet won that particular
fight.

When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren’t even allowed to
enforce immigration law. But when a Republican is in the White House,
states can create their own immigration laws. Under Obama, a state
wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission. But
under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an
independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.

The Constitution has something to say about that.

Whether it’s Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary,
the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an
institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in
the land. This is what I call a moving dictatorship.

Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding:
Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can’t
serve in if you’re not a member. If you haven’t been indoctrinated
into its arcane rituals. If you aren’t in the club. And Trump isn’t in
the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren’t in the club with
him.

Now we’re seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on
them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to
jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That’s not a free country.

It’s not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out
an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the election. It’s not a
free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the
opposition. It’s not a free country when the media responds to the
other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that
supported him from social media It’s not a free country when all of
the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who
wasn’t supposed to win.

Have no doubt, we’re in a civil war between conservative volunteer
government and a leftist Democrat professional government.

That is some heavy conspiracy theory right there. That absolutely don’t help are gun rights when crazy people start taking civil war and shooting up the country. If your ready to grab your guns and go out and start shooting your neibors. Because they don’t believe the same things you do then your a nut!

Say what ever you want about the left but I haven’t ever heard or read this crap out of them. You can look all over the internet and it’s only hard right wingers talking about stock pilling guns and starting a civil war.

Squeeze said:
where does it say anything about that?

Ya your right after reading it again this isn’t that bad yet. I was on another forum reading this civil war crap and it went down hill fast. I already was pissed before I ever read this. It went from this civil war talk to their not getting my guns to rounding up over half the country and shooting them over their. Hell I’m for gun rights but I was ready to take some guns away from some of them guys.lol

I don’t need and don’t want crazy people fighting for my gun rights. All that does is make us look way worse. The people on that other forum posting that crazy crap. Don’t even realize if they have to do a good back ground check for CCW or Suppressor or security clearance that crap there putting all over the internet is going to flag them.

Back