UPS Shipment Oops!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a Pedersoli Mortimore arrive via usps broken through the wrist. shipped in a Kibler copied crate. tire tracks across the carton.
it is becoming a pandemic.
Insurance? about worth the same as a promise from a politician.

Why wouldn't I? It was wrapped fully in bubble wrap and well protected. The package had to be mishandled. Joe told me this isn't the first time he received items from UPS with damage but never this bad.
You should be able to, but it just makes things like this way more likely.
Any time I buy a gun I ask to have the barrel and stock separated.

When I was in the onion seed business many years ago I always insured my packages. Many times a large part of a 50Lb bag was missing and I would file a claim. It rotted there socks off when they found out it was 100-150$ a pound and 8-15Lb was missing. They thought it was just cheap seed like corn or bean.

Hope you get it worked out with them.

I've bought/sold and shipped a $hit load of long guns over the years. If I buy a higher end rifle and the seller won't ship in a cheap plastic case that I'm willing to pay for, it's a deal killer. When I sell, I offer a good cheap (25.00) case and everything gets insurance. FYI, I use USPS for all my long guns. Never had an issue. UPS and FEDEX have both damaged/lost rifles. Claim went smooth with UPS. Never got my money from FEDEX.

Feel bad for the both of you and also the fine muzzleloader. I guess I have been lucky over the years. Although Post Office lost one for a couple weeks during Covid. It was setting in a warehouse. I paid for 3 day shipping and I believe it almost took 3 weeks for it to arrive. The buyer was patient through the process. You never know how these things will go.

Why wouldn't I? It was wrapped fully in bubble wrap and well protected. The package had to be mishandled. Joe told me this isn't the first time he received items from UPS with damage but never this bad.
Intentional I say. No way for that type of damage to happen unless it was intentional and deliberate. I have also heard that anything marked FRAGILE is open game and deliberately mishandled to cause damage by all the shipping companies.

That makes sense, I mark my shipped ml " food processing equipment" and insure like hell

I remember things like this happening many years ago. One time we had a computer server shipped and heavily insured. It appears it fell of the loading ramp at the 747 about 20 feet up. The crate bounced around down the tarmac. The hard drives tore lose from their mountings inside and trashed everything inside. In another case the shipper opened the package but didn’t seal it back up and everything inside fell out everywhere. but when it arrived at its destination the box was empty. Another shipment to Italy for a custom server languished in customs for six months. Then when we finally got it the computer case was empty. Someone took all of the parts out of the case. I could go on and on, so many horror stories.

But I suspect that if they think there is a gun inside then the anti-gun employees go out of their way to damage or destroy the contents inside. Maybe shipping it overnight helps as it minimizes the time they get to think and act on about how to break the things.

Latest posts

Back