USPS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my opinion but I personally do not think it is Politics or has anything to do with the elections. I think the issue is with the new guy that took over that has messed up the system, seems to me it at all started when he took over, Yes the pandemic contributed to it but things were not the same just before it, and it has steadily gone down hill. They Lost a check of mine that still has not shown up and it was mailed back in August. I've had several shipments and mail that have been late or lost that started late last year. I will get one that seems on time and then more that are later than they should be. i quit mailing checks in the mail and use them less and less.

I see I mis-stated myself. When I said "Late Last Year" I was thinking 2019 not 2020. Brain has not caught up to 2021 yet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, I'm sure the newly appointed head of the USPS just took those 700+ mail sorting machines down in September because they were worn out....yes, I'm positive.

Dropped off package at post office,
Dec 21’st and it was delivered Jan 7’th to my Mom who lives 90 miles away!

The new guy who took over was appointed to the job. He had no prior postal service background, now who would appoint a guy who had no experience to such a important job.

Live Long and Prosper, Bruce

Your right. Flat rate PRIORITY packages were supposed to be 2 to 3 days. Now seems like they treat it worse than First class. I shipped a package on 12/29 and it still is "In Transit"! :wall:
I sent something flat rate 2 day express paid extra $20 plus it took 5 days! Tracked it went from my post office to distribution center sat there for 2 days then hit delivery center sat a day there then went out for delivery. Had tracking set up for the whole only notice I gotv as the day after it was delivered. I went on line every evening. To track it myself infobwas sketchy at best

Its gotten rediculous have a barrel coming from Ohio to seattle area 10 days so far and only made itnto eastern montana thats fed ex usps dont even get me started lol its rediculous!!
I had a barrel take 3 weeks to go from New Jersey to Virginia. For all of that time, the status just showed it had left one post office and never arrived anywhere. Every time I filed a report they sent some BS canned response about being patient about delays. Finally after 3 complaints someone called and actually talked to me. I did finally get it but I was shocked. I thought it “fell of the back of the truck” somewhere in jersey

I recently sent a money order to a member on another forum in Rhode Island from Michigan paid for 2 day priority shipping and it took 9 days.
There is no good way to ship any longer.
Over priced and we are under serviced.

Sent a scope from Ohio to Miami.Fla. sent last Weds. delivered last Fri. shipped USPS priority. I was told at post office things are still jambed up at some of the sorting facilities from the Christmas holiday. He said stuff that was received first gets burried from back-up and is last to go out. Some hubs are worse than others. I am getting ready to ship a couple more packages to4-5 states away to the west this time, will see how they go.

I shipped a stock blank Monday. The clerk told me that standard shipping is so backlogged that it could take a month. Priority only cost $2 more and will only take 5 days to get to Illinois from Michigan. :bang:

I ordered some Lapua brass that was shipped December 20th, still not here via USPS.
Last Wednesday I ordered an air rifle part from the UK, it arrived two days later on Friday via UPS.

I’m to the point that if I need to buy something, and the seller only offers USPS shipping I will buy whatever it is somewhere else. I figured out that in my area the Shreveport, LA hub gets stuff routed in a timely fashion, but the Dallas hub seems to be a black hole. I have two packages there right now according to tracking, and one has been there since Jan 4 and the other since Jan 10. All bets are off as to when they get to me.
I’m using FedEx exclusively for any shipment.

Anyone who is still sticking up for the USPS at this point is/was a brainwashed government employee themselves or just has their head in the sand. USPS SUCKS!!! :mad:

I’m to the point that if I need to buy something, and the seller only offers USPS shipping I will buy whatever it is somewhere else. I figured out that in my area the Shreveport, LA hub gets stuff routed in a timely fashion, but the Dallas hub seems to be a black hole. I have two packages there right now according to tracking, and one has been there since Jan 4 and the other since Jan 10. All bets are off as to when they get to me.
I’m using FedEx exclusively for any shipment.

Anyone who is still sticking up for the USPS at this point is/was a brainwashed government employee themselves or just has their head in the sand. USPS SUCKS!!! :mad:

At this time I would agree to using FEDEX or UPS if you need something to move in a couple of days, but USPS is getting caught up. Now I will tell you that I will stick up for the USPS, although, I am not now or was I ever a government employee, brain washed or otherwise. As to the location of my head, well I find it right where it belongs, understanding the REASONS the USPS in in the operational position they are in today. Now I'm not going to try to convince you to go back to the USPS, but the next time you go to put a "Forever stamp" on a piece of first class mail, remind yourself how much you hate the USPS and trot it down to FEDEX and "mail" it for about 7.50. If you were to do it, the funny part would be that in many cases the letter would be delivered by USPS anyway.

Now I will address your last comment. In your post you made it abundantly clear that you didn't like the USPS, and that you were taking your business to FEDEX, and I don't blame you. If you don't like the service go somewhere else. If that would of been the end of your post, I wouldn't have responded, but, Just because everybody doesn't agree with your opinion is no reason to attack them personally. I'm sure that there are many members that would be considered "government employees" and then there is the rest of us that will still use the USPS. I just hope that these two groups remember just who you are and how you feel about them down the road

I'm a retired Mailman. Don't blame the clerks for taking breaks, it's a contractual thing and they can't modify that. I'm feeling the pain also. Let's look at a couple of things.
1. Alcohol: many people have DUI or OUI"S
2. Marijuana: It has been legalized in many states but it is still illegal under Federal law.
Two big factors in the reason that the PO can't hire people and this causes a slow down.
It is frustrating, I sent a small wool bag to a friend in Canada Nov 23rd, he got it Jan.6. Postal tracking is the worst! How do you know it was delivered to the right address and where has it been along the way? But what do I know, I never went to college!
Nit Wit

At this time I would agree to using FEDEX or UPS if you need something to move in a couple of days, but USPS is getting caught up. Now I will tell you that I will stick up for the USPS, although, I am not now or was I ever a government employee, brain washed or otherwise. As to the location of my head, well I find it right where it belongs, understanding the REASONS the USPS in in the operational position they are in today. Now I'm not going to try to convince you to go back to the USPS, but the next time you go to put a "Forever stamp" on a piece of first class mail, remind yourself how much you hate the USPS and trot it down to FEDEX and "mail" it for about 7.50. If you were to do it, the funny part would be that in many cases the letter would be delivered by USPS anyway.

Now I will address your last comment. In your post you made it abundantly clear that you didn't like the USPS, and that you were taking your business to FEDEX, and I don't blame you. If you don't like the service go somewhere else. If that would of been the end of your post, I wouldn't have responded, but, Just because everybody doesn't agree with your opinion is no reason to attack them personally. I'm sure that there are many members that would be considered "government employees" and then there is the rest of us that will still use the USPS. I just hope that these two groups remember just who you are and how you feel about them down the road
In reality, with all the “subsidies“ the USPS gets every year to keep it propped up, your Forever stamp may very well be costing you $7.50. :roll:

As a business owner I can tell you folks expect free or cheap shipping. They also want stuff fast. Those are offsetting requirements.

Then make a organization to do it both under governmental madates and require it to be independent and you have a double set of contrasting requirements.

That's why the postal service is not making anyone happy (expect ups who dumps their small packages on USPS when it's cheaper for the post office to deliver).

Because the post office is cheaper with most small packages they are our default shipping service. We offer ups and FedEx too. But few choose to pay for it and then complain about the post office and ask why would we use them... Because you want it cheap more than fast.

Yours

Tom

Back