Value

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$600-$650 seems to be a low reasonable price for a decent blued roa. The 5-1/2" SS roa is the one thatll shock you with its price. IMO they are worth what you can get them for. Some day i hope to get a SS version of the 7-1/2" roa.

$600-$650 seems to be a low reasonable price for a decent blued roa. The 5-1/2" SS roa is the one thatll shock you with its price. IMO they are worth what you can get them for. Some day i hope to get a SS version of the 7-1/2" roa.

I thought I struck a good deal when I managed to pick up my lightly used 5-1/2" stainless (fixed sights, ivory grips) ROA last month for only $500!

Beware there are no spare parts available from Ruger or any where else.

Prices have gone up since the virus dried up other revolvers.

I have 3 stainless Ruger Old Army BP cap-and-ball revolvers, and a spare aftermarket cylinder from ClassicBallistx; one ROA has the Belt Mountain quick change pin conversion along with a Tower of Power loading stand.

I like the idea of their quick change pins. How do you like it?

I like it very much, but it does mean you are then forced to load the cylinder off the revolver (because you have replaced the factory oem loading parts), which is not a drawback at all.

My Tower of Power loading press came with one of my ROA purchases, otherwise I would have probably tried to build my own, something similar to the British Lazy Git loading press (I also like how that Brit brazed together six centerfire bottleneck rifle cartridges to hold his premeasured powder charges).

To me, another benefit to loading the cylinder off the revolver is that you eliminate the risk of bending or damaging or breaking the factory loading parts, because as already pointed out above, there are no more factory Ruger oem replacement parts available.

I like it very much, but it does mean you are then forced to load the cylinder off the revolver (because you have replaced the factory oem loading parts), which is not a drawback at all.

My Tower of Power loading press came with one of my ROA purchases, otherwise I would have probably tried to build my own, something similar to the British Lazy Git loading press (I also like how that Brit brazed together six centerfire bottleneck rifle cartridges to hold his premeasured powder charges).

To me, another benefit to loading the cylinder off the revolver is that you eliminate the risk of bending or damaging or breaking the factory loading parts, because as already pointed out above, there are no more factory Ruger oem replacement parts available.
Yep. Ive already had to replace a cylinder pin once. I bought the quick six loader and a spare cylinder. I really like the quick change pin for shooting the 45lc conversion.

Latest posts

Back