Venison Sausage Recipes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnT

Reaction score
Anyone have a good recipe for Venison sausage. I live in an apartment and can't have a smoker. I would like to try making something like a summer sausage and mabe an italian type sausage.
Are any of the cabelas kits good?

Thanks,

ShawnT

http://www.sausagemaker.com

Try that site. It is how I got my start you might say. Actually I started following family reciepes. Then my (ex) wife one Christmas got me his book and some kits. Well I was in hog heaven.

They sell everything you will need to make excellent sausage or my favorite, venison salami. You can make it right in your oven if you have to. Also they give excellent instructions on their season kits.. follow the instructions and it is hard to go wrong.

Their salami is excellent. I am not a sausage fan but my father ate all of it I could make. And some of their specialty sausages are really good.

If all you want is jerky, there is a product in some stores called High Country (I believe.. I make mine from scratch) and it is very good.

Thanks Cayuga,

I had one of their catalogs once but misplaced it. The only thing I have now is a catalog from Lem. I'll look them up again.
The Salami sounds good.
Shawn

I've got a easy summer sausage recipe if you're interested. Just send a PM.

ShawnT said:
... The only thing I have now is a catalog from Lem. I'll look them up again....

Careful with that LEM stuff. Almost all of it is full of MSG and/or Soy. The only one I can safely use is the Pepperoni mix, which is quite delicious!

Latest posts

Back