Well Went Trout Fishing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Went down to the river and caught 4 Trout turned a bunch back.

Seems everyone wanting to move here because of Trout but we have a Cabin by a big Lake with plenty Catfish and Crappie and around 100K acres of Public Hunting Land and I like it more up there.

oneshot

I like trout and trout fishing. I love catfish too but I use a trotline for them.

Keep going out to fish. It will do you good.

patocazador said:
I like trout and trout fishing. I love catfish too but I use a trotline for them.

Keep going out to fish. It will do you good.
I'm just glad nobody is watching. I get on my knees to do something it takes forever to get back up.

Catfishing I use to set out Trotlines, Jugs, Limb Lines but anymore I try to have 5 Rod and Reels out unless it gets busy. This year I'm going to try Chumming.

I no longer have a Boat so it is all from the bank. At our Cabin use to be able to Hog Hunt now State is trying to stop us hunting. I called COE Office and never get a straight answer so I see a Hog it is going to the Freezer. Usually get help getting them out. Son told my wife I'm crazy, be on the ground, shoot a Hog with Muzzleloader and can't run. LOL.

oneshot

oneshot, why would you run . If the shot didn't kill the hog , he'll catch pneumonia  from the hole you made.No running here.Have a good one my friend . Good to see you made the winter.

csitas said:
oneshot, why would you run . If the shot didn't kill the hog , he'll catch pneumonia  from the hole you made.No running here.Have a good one my friend . Good to see you made the winter.
One time I was Hog hunting. A Guy was watching me from another hill. I shot a Hog, it was running right for me. I was pushing another Load in, the Hog dropped at my feet.

The guy watching I think was more excited than me.  :lol:

oneshot

The first hog I ever shot was in front of dogs. I was using a .44 Auto Mag pistol. The boar hog was running straight for me being chased by the dogs. When he got almost to me, he spotted me and veered to his right. I shot as he turned and he tumbled to a stop. One of the guys with the dogs said the boar had 'charged' me. I let him think that.

Actually, I was focused on the shot and completely oblivious to how close the hog was before turning. I stepped it off at 15 feet afterwards.

reminds me of a true story with the fur trappers. a famous leader of a fur trappers group(name slips my mind.) was attacked by hostile natives. several times he led the charge against them. he kept charging them, make a circle and charge again and again. they all followed and they drove the hostiles off. after the fight his men said to him, your the bravest man we have ever seen. he said it wasnt me its my dam horse. couldnt control him, he kept going back to them and i had no choise but to fight my way through them every time. same thing happened to a older arikiwa warrior. he become famous as a old but hard fighter against the sioux. it was his horse who kept going back to the fight and he was just trying to stay alive. some men are just thrust into greatness even if they dont want it. a rabbit hole i hope every one enjoyed.

I used to go trout fishing with my parents to a place in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales. A little bit if 19th century colonial Australia that had time warped into the 1960's and 1970's. I have my late father and a mate of his lovely split cane Hardys fly rods, reels, both aircell and silk lines. All the rods have plenty of life in them, after having used cane rods, I could not go back to the modern carbon fibre and the like. We had good rainbows both stream and lake fishing,  the good fishing petered out in the late 1980s, set lines and gill nets. I got the rods and reels out the other day, greased the reels and am looking for a nice old  woven creel. We have trout fishing in the south of Western Australia, not the same as in the mountains, but might give it a go sometime. 

Cheers 

Gordon

Back