What-a-go, Idaho !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mveit

Reaction score
Hey folks, I live in Boise Idaho.

Thinks I like: Faith, Family, Foosball, Minnesota, Boise State Broncos, How things work, Mountain Biking, Elk hunting, and ... Muzzleloading!

Not particularly in that order, Faith wins out above all the rest, but as far as passions, foosball, and most recently now muzzleloading.

I shoot a T/C Renegade .54 with Conicals.
Bought it used last year with lot's of misc gear.

Also last year, bought my son a .54 cal composite stock CVA Wildcat for $50 at a pawn shop, cleaned it up, blued it, and other stuff, and I have that.

This year I upgraded my son's gun to a .54 cal Cabellas Hawkens.

I'm more of a hunter than a shooter, and the shooting with these 51 year old eyes with open sights just got a *bunch* harder 2 years ago. I picked up a Ghost Ring sight for my Renegade and that seems to help some. I guess I'm going to have to learn how to shoot with a 6 o'oclock for the traditional sites on the Hawkens.

Ah, so that's what I'm up to, getting them sighted in for hunting season.

What else, ... I'm from Minnesota originally, been in Idaho since 1998.
Four kids, one more still in high school. (Nope, I'm not mormon.)
Hmm, Married, attend church regularly.
My grandpa was a farmer, and I know how to stack hay.
I'm an enganeeeeeer at Hewlett Packard.
We make the BEST laserjet printers in the world. - Yup, that's a fact.
Ah, Air Force 1978-82. Austin Texas, and Osan, Korea.

Oh, yeah. I'm a Semi-Pro(Expert) level ranked competitive foosball player. Really. (See BoiseFoosball.com or Foosball.com for ranking)

So, that's me!!
Let me know if you are from Idaho, I could use some tips from other Muzzle loaders, and also, I apparently need some tips from good hunters that know how to stalk/call elk, cause I just "Scare them away!!!" Ha!

Blessings to ya!

Mike V.

Welcome aboard.

I used to play in state and local competitions on Tornado tables back when Mike Manno and the Motorcity Madman (cant remeber his name but he was from Detroit IIRC) were National champs. He got banned or fined from the only event i saw him at for bending a rod intentionally. I even beat a 5 time former National champ Ron Nevois at local event about 20 years ago and Mike Manno in a state event. He held the title for 2 years IIRC. I took 2nd in Forward Shootout and sixth in singles. I knocked Manno out of the shootout but he knocked me out of the singles during the state championships.

I wish i could remember all their names, i quit playing in competition a long time ago. I started out on the old Dynamo glass top tables (with sticky balls) in my teens. My main partners were Dave Wangrow from Ballwin Mo. and his former partner from Des Peres Mo on the earlier Tornado tables. I played mostly singles on the Dynamos which IMO ruled when they were first made in the late 70s. We lost touch over the years though.

Have fun and enjoy.

Welcome to the forum. Renegades and Cabela's Hawkins are great rifles. They should work real well for you.

mveit

Welcome to the site... hope you gret a lot of good information...

And I am from Boise - but came to UI to go to school after a stint in the Navy as an electronics tech... Still here so needless to say Go Vandals!!! :eek: and oh ya!! Go Packers :p

But after all that Renegades are really good...

Good hunting to you...

Latest posts

Back