What kind of bow do you hunt with

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laker

Reaction score
I use a Mathews Outback Trophy taker sight and rest, Easton acc arrows, and G5 Teken broadheads. Mathews bows can not be beaten..

I use a Champion Stinger at 55#. Shooting CX300 Carbon express arrows with 125 grain Spitfire mechanical broadheads.

Mine is an ole 1994 PSE Fire Flite 70 LB. 41" axle to axle compound. It has the time proven Vector III machined eccentrics, HTE brackets and is 60% let-off. Has the ole Center Flight riser. I have a TM Hunter Rest.

I see PSE has the Fire Flite again in 2005. Man, has it ever changed plus now rated to approx. 294 FPS and available with 80% let-off. Now axle to axle is only 33 3/8". Think I'll just keep my ole Fire Flite. 220 FPS is plenty.

125 grain Thunderhead carried by XX75 2315's is whut i launch.

Didnt hunt last 2 years due to Fall Turkey & early ML Season overlap into archery. I may try to work in this year! :D

Matthews Outback, Bodoodle Pro-Lite rest, Spott-Hogg Hunter Hogg-it sights, Cabelas SST carbon shafts, Rocket Areohead Ultimate Steelhead 100's, Flex-Fletch 4.75" vanes, D-loop, String bats, Lore stabilizer in camo, Jim Fletcher fletchhunter wrist strap. Nuff said.

Usually use a Great Northern longbow. Last year I used a G.N. Ghost recurve. 60# @28" with carbon arrows and Magnus 125 gr. Stingers on the tip.

Jim

Nice choice of bow Super 91.. Looks like we have a lot of things in common. Bows, Muzzleloaders, Optics, and Hunts 8)

I cheat ,Ten point Stealth 22"shaft revolution mech Broadhead.
Three operations on a torn off bicep tendon doesn't allow Reg. bow.
Redclub

laker said:
Nice choice of bow Super 91.. Looks like we have a lot of things in common. Bows, Muzzleloaders, Optics, and Hunts 8)

Yep, I think the evolution of a hunter is gradual thing. I took me years to reach the level of gear I use now, and I'm still climbing. I love quality stuff though, and I test a lot of gear to arrive at what makes into the tree stand with me. Sure is fun though!

Bow Tech Pro 40, Shakey hunter rest,NAP mechanicle broadheadsand Red Head carbon arrows.70# draw and a 500 grn arrow does a number on deer.

60# HOYT Ultra Tec XT2000 limbs, Cavalier Shadow rest, Impact-3 sight
Carbon Express CX 300 arrows. Rocket Sidewinder 3 mech broadheads.

charlie

I have seen and read about a lot of quality archery stuff on the market. It seems that a person has a number of choices to get themselves set up to hunt.

Darton Maverick Express 68#, carbon arrows tipped with 125 gr. Muzzy's. Muzzy Drop Away rest, single pin fiber optic. Around 300 FPS

Mathews Q2, Trophy taker fall away, HMR adjustable sight, Beeman 400's, topped off with 100gr. Wasp SST's

For me its a champion mustang set at 60lb & when i feel like cheating its the horton XS 200lb that comes out for a toat in the field that thing smokes 8)

High Country Brute Force
I purchased this bow a few years ago, but have not hunted with it yet. Have had a bad habbit of breaking bones when I should be shooting. I did finaly practice a little with it last year, and shot a doe one day the middle of early archery season while at the range. It was only my 2nd time to even go to the range with the bow.

Okay, I just went totally nuts a couple of days ago. I was looking to have a second bow as backup for the upcoming Co. hunt, and was looking to get a high quality ultra-light setup. I opted for the High Country Archery TSS. I wanted to try their new sidewinder, but they wouldn't be able to get one made up for me in time for the hunt. So they are custom building a TSS-R to my specific draw length. It's a split limb bow (my first) and has a military grade carbon riser. Mass weight of 2.4 pounds, bare bow. I am going ultra light on all my accessories, and I have figured out that I am going to have a complete finished bow at 3.9 pounds, arrows and all! Now that's light! As a matter of fact, it's a good bit lighter than my Outback with zero accessories on it! My hope is that it will shoot decent. I asked them about string silencers and vibration dampening devices. They said I could put something on the string, but not to do anything to the bow. They said the carbon riser absorbs more energy than a aluminum riser and that it was not neccesary. They told me that they has TSS bow that they had DRY FIRED 12000 times and had yet to harm the riser or the limbs. They said they had to replace the string every 600 shots as the string would blow up, but other than that, the bow was fine!! Impressive! I guess we will see if this ewbow will pass the "Bowers" test. Although I won't be dry firing the bow, I sure will be shooting the fool out of it! Only 6 weeks till season! And I still have to get the RV ready!! Co HERE WE COME!!!!!!

Loggy even though I havent bowhunted any the last few years my bow is still set up and waiting for me If I can draw it back.

Its a jennings uniforce LH 91 lbs at 32". Star hunter rest with cushion plunger. Fine line crosshair sight with only one crosshair set at 20 yards.

Tru peep drilled out with a peep aligner sewed in the string.

I have it set up with 31 inch 2317s with carbon inserts, left wing full helical fletching and 100 grain thunderheads.

I shoot fingers one over and two under. I anchor my finger in corner of mouth and place string on my nose and look through peep.

It worked pretty well for the whitetail bucks that are typical of this area.

I believe in the kiss technique(keep it simple stupid) as far as bowhunting goes because I have a tendancy to screw the pooch when I get excited. And whitetail bucks working in close on me really excites me.

iisabigone

Bowtech extreme Sampson VFT @ 75#'s. Gold Tip 7595's @ 27.5" long topped with 100grain slick trick.

Paul

I hunt with a High Country X caliber and shoot Blue Jacket carbon arrows with 125 grain 3 blade muzzy heads.

newhunter1 said:
Bowtech extreme Sampson VFT @ 75#'s. Gold Tip 7595's @ 27.5" long topped with 100grain slick trick.

Paul

Traded the bowtech sampson for a bowtech blackhawk @70's. Dropped a doe on opening day (evening)

Paul

Back