What kind of bow do you hunt with

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
double brow said:
Martin Jaguar Magnum.....Gold TipXT Hunter Arrows5575...Muzzy 100 Broadheads....Does the job for me..... :D :D

Our local bow shop loves the Martin bows. He says they are his favorite bow, but for some reason they don't sell very well in this neck of the woods. This is a shop that sells all the best brands too.....Matthews, Hoyt, PSE, AR, and Bowtech.

I shoot a MOAB Thunderstick takdown longbow with 2213 aluminum shafts tipped with a 125 grain stinger.

I also use a black widow MAII recurve with 2216 shafts tipped with a 125 grain thunderhead.

During the gun season I usually use my Reflex compound.

PSE FireFlite. Not the top of the line by any means, but it does the job.

I just got a new bow after shooting my Proline Point Blank for close to 20 years.
BowTech General, 70#
Whisker Biscuit(for now)
TruGlow micro adjust sight(also for now)
Alpine Archery quiver
Winn FreeFlight release
Easton ST Epics w/Blazers and weight forward insert
100gr three blade Muzzys or 100gr Rage two blade mechanicals

I took a lot of the stuff off my Proline until I decide on what things I want on the General. Lots of new stuff coming out all the time. Chasing turkeys with it in the spring and then we'll see how it does on Whitetails. :D

Mathews Switchback XT 60lbs.
5575 Goldtip XT Pro Hunters with Blazer vanes
Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter Rest
Trufire release and string loop
4 blade SlickTricks 100 grain broadheads
Pollington Red Dot

Hey, I've been a hoyt man for my entire life....I currently own 3...my favorite now is the ultra-tec....by far the best shooting bow i've ever owned.....i haven't shot one of the new ones because i don't see a need to...I've looked at other bows and to be honest, they are all really nice....I think if i shoot another brand it would probably be a bowtech...i liked them also...

Reflex Buckskin @ 62#, Cobra Sidewinder sight, Nitro-Stinger arrows, Inventive Technology Stealth Hunter rest, Tru-Ball wrist release and 100gr. tip weight.

This set up gives me 4" groups at 60 yards, 2" groups at 40 yards and from 30 yards on in, I have to shoot quarter sized target dots...one arrow each or destroy arrows. Smooth shooting and quiet too. 8)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Back