What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have turned out my next antler measure this morning. It's drilled to hold 65 gr, it is about 70 % done. So 55-65-75 measures i have. Hope to get 60-70-80-85 gr started this week. These will cover most of my loading duties for the .45, .50, .54 rifles i have. Then i may have to make others for my .40 cal UnderHammer i am working on

I have turned out my next antler measure this morning. It's drilled to hold 65 gr, it is about 70 % done. So 55-65-75 measures i have. Hope to get 60-70-80-85 gr started this week. These will cover most of my loading duties for the .45, .50, .54 rifles i have. Then i may have to make others for my .40 cal UnderHammer i am working on
Pics please. Ty

Just checked the curing process on .50 freshly blued barrel.View attachment 32504
Fits to my Traditions HawkinView attachment 32503
It should be against the rules for you to show this to me! Seriously, my floor is so covered in drool my wife is starting to think I'm having an affair.
LOL
Just know that with all the knowledge and experience give any and All new people, you all are the bomb. I don't know but I expect what you all have to teach if the new and old people are listening can do Nothing but make it Safer and pleasurable for everyone involved!
Thank you all for Sharing!!!

View attachment 32533
Thought I'd bring these to your attention today as there's been lots of talk about stock finishing and Maple stocks this week. Not sure what the top rifle is but it's in .54. The gun on the bottom with the amazing stock is in .58. Both are left handed and described as being in good condition The ad states that the lower gun is from an unknown manufacturer. They are currently listed on Gunpost in Canada for $400 CAD as I type this. If I were left handed the deal would already be done!! Any ideas on who made the lower rifle, it looks like amazing craftsmanship?
As a lefty rifles like those always get my attention. Still looking myself for a .50.

Songoku what and how did you get such a nice finish on your barrel. Right now I'm having a ***** of a time with my Barska 1-1/8" heavy 56 cal . 3 Times now I've followed instructions on Birc/Caseys Plum Brown and still am getting a carnival gold iridescent or patches of no change in the steel finish down the barrel while it is hot. 320 Wet-or-dry on my draw file and wiped down with paint thinner and a clean white rag. Since I've used it before I'm beginning to suspect metallurgy ? Barska was a well respected blk pwdr gunsmith from Montana and I've used several of his bbls I bought from another noted GS in Casper Wy with no problems ??? any help anyone ? I'm at a standstill 'till I can resolve this issue....Trader PS: no problem with the H&A UH action and parts.

posted a wish list to complete my T/C side lock wish. Looking for a T/C .56 cal SB in good shape. GB has one but it is gonna go high. I have an old NE twelve and stevens twelve that I load shot shells In BP but looking for a the T/C that was my day

Having a wife that is a hi-tech IT dept for the local Elec Co-Op helps alot BUT she tells me some old people just can't be helped. There's times I take it personal LOL

Well L&G I finally got the latest UH project assembled. Had hell with the bbl browning as stated. Still needs a little tweaking but not much. Still trying to catch the sun out so this is the best I can do on a overcast day. As it stands a bag gun but maybe ground blind bipod possibilities, fortunately I have a another Maple roughed out fore end coming for my 1" ,switch bbls in hunting weight so the action and buttstock are not locked in to benchrest duties.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    656.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    671.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    670.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    689.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    686.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    642.8 KB · Views: 0
Well L&G I finally got the latest UH project assembled. Had hell with the bbl browning as stated. Still needs a little tweaking but not much. Still trying to catch the sun out so this is the best I can do on a overcast day. As it stands a bag gun but maybe ground blind bipod possibilities, fortunately I have a another Maple roughed out fore end coming for my 1" ,switch bbls in hunting weight so the action and buttstock are not locked in to benchrest duties.
That be mighty fine rig now. Congrats on it. Your going to make me spend more samolians if you keep posting these UnderHammer ML's. I am thinking of a getting a trade gun barrel in .62/20ga to change out my rifled barrel to small game hunt. Just don't know, i am getting all kinds of dreams on these builds

I am going to take out my new 45 sml Omega out tomorrow to see how it does.It is suppose to be 60 degrees and I do not want to pass up the chance.I took the barrel and action out of the stock to make sure things are working right but I noticed when I put the barrel back in that near the muzzle was higher than where the action and the barrel lugs fit.So I got out the cordless drill with a bullet shaped grinding stone and for about 6 minutes took more off between the 2 lugs.After cleaning it up I laid the barrel back in the stock and this time it sat in there without getting any hang ups,and it looks level now.

I am going to take out my new 45 sml Omega out tomorrow to see how it does.It is suppose to be 60 degrees and I do not want to pass up the chance.I took the barrel and action out of the stock to make sure things are working right but I noticed when I put the barrel back in that near the muzzle was higher than where the action and the barrel lugs fit.So I got out the cordless drill with a bullet shaped grinding stone and for about 6 minutes took more off between the 2 lugs.After cleaning it up I laid the barrel back in the stock and this time it sat in there without getting any hang ups,and it looks level now.
Well it’s about time you shot that new rifle Brown!! We’ve been waiting for a range report!

Well it’s about time you shot that new rifle Brown!! We’ve been waiting for a range report!
…and ya gotta wear pants when you go out, don’t forget, we talked about this.

Back