What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High winds n T-storms n tornados have stopped my shooting. So i have been making antler measures, have been putting lanyards on half dz. I made a 15 gr one, still cleaning my work table off. That may take me til this Fall as slow as i am. I fixed a hanging board above work table. I have hung my 3 powder horns up n my 3 Possibles bags up. I am ordering 2 complete insert-bushing sets to install in my powder horns base. This will allow me to fill the horns without dribbling powder down the 1/4" spout opening.
Sure wish you could post a pic, sounds very cool. I made one today also, it holds 70 grains of FFF holy black..

Mounted a scope and shot my new 45. Just finished the build last week. Didnt have tons of time so I got a rough zero and shot this group.

Attachments

• 20230406_101437.jpg
    20230406_101437.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230406_114806.jpg
    20230406_114806.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I decided last night that I was going to go to my local gun shop today. So after work, I headed there. When I walked in, I sort of got sidetracked. I started looking at the shotguns. I shouldered a new Benelli shotgun. That thang pointed like a dream!! Then I got back on track, I went back to the reloading supplies. I picked up a pound of N110 and 1680. They had about 5 lb of 4198. I was happy to see a good variety of supplies. For 2lbs of smokeless, I paid just a little bit more than a 8oz jug of BH209. On the way back to the house, I thought, they can keep that "black gold" . I will stick with my N110!!

I decided last night that I was going to go to my local gun shop today. So after work, I headed there. When I walked in, I sort of got sidetracked. I started looking at the shotguns. I shouldered a new Benelli shotgun. That thang pointed like a dream!! Then I got back on track, I went back to the reloading supplies. I picked up a pound of N110 and 1680. They had about 5 lb of 4198. I was happy to see a good variety of supplies. For 2lbs of smokeless, I paid just a little bit more than a 8oz jug of BH209. On the way back to the house, I thought, they can keep that "black gold" . I will stick with my N110!!
You’re probably shooting about the cheapest load - ~ 35 gr loads of N110 is even cheaper than 70 gr loads of black/777. 😁

Benelli makes a nice shotgun! I’ve been shooting a Super Black Eagle for about 30 years. Was that 4198 IMR or Hodgdon?!

You’re probably shooting about the cheapest load - ~ 35 gr loads of N110 is even cheaper than 70 gr loads of black/777. 😁

Benelli makes a nice shotgun! I’ve been shooting a Super Black Eagle for about 30 years. Was that 4198 IMR or Hodgdon?!
Yep. It was IMR.

ElDiablo,what did you use to round the end of the stock after you cut it off?That really looks great.I am trying to figure out how to round my stock that way.Is that one the coyote color?

ElDiablo,what did you use to round the end of the stock after you cut it off?That really looks great.I am trying to figure out how to round my stock that way.Is that one the coyote color?
Thanks. I used a belt sander to rough out the shape and then 150 through 600 grit sand paper to finish it. That laminate wood is soft and easy to sand. Then I sanded in a little Tru-Oil with 600 grit. Yes, that’s Coyote.

Well i finished up a 50 gr antler powder measure. Plus i installed 2 bushing plug sets of the small size into my Priming powder horn n my T7 3f powder horn. I will order the large set to install in my Blk. 3 f powder horn next

Still fighting the healing lungs. It was 72 today and I had a long face. Mother said lets go. I said what. She said lets go. I said where. She said it is Easter and you gonna get outside. I was able to get to the truck and said where to. She said the farm. So thinking I was going for ride we get to the farm and get out by the lake. She has a sack lunch with a few cans for root beer and my T/C patriot 45 and all the stuff to shoot it. She called my son and he talked her through what to bring. Had my loading stand and correct felt wads and my whole range pistol box. We shot cans and pieces of wood for about two hours today. Really raised my spirts. Then she looked at my and said I remember Old Man when I used to put that smile on your face. I just looked at her and said Why do you think I am smiling it was you who thought enough to get me out shooting. With a smooch and the smell of 3f Swiss I had a great Easter. I have an awesome Filly. Happy Easter all.

Latest posts

Back