What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been wondering for a while why the sister site has a popular thread by this title and we don’t, so…

What muzzleloading-related stuff did you do today?
I really enjoy reading this thread. :thumb: Seems there's always lots of cool stuff going on behind-the-scenes, year-round with our fellow muzzleloader enthusiasts.

I understand completely, I remember when I made the switch from well over a decade of using Pyrodex RS & P, mostly pellets, to T7. It was like being content driving around in a Pinto until you finally get to drive a Porsche for the first time.
Pintos are cooler than Porches. Everyone seems to have a Porche now. We have a customer that drives an all original light blue 2door(1974?) Its a head turner for certain.

Looked at a Pedersoli 12 gauge double barrel percussion, with choke tubes at a pawn shop nearby. Beautiful shotgun, I could find no markings anywhere other than a serial # and some fancy scroll work on the metal. There was a tag listing it for $850 so I walked away!

Cast some 320 grain 50 cal REALs that dropped at 310 actually. Also noticed the temperature kept creeping up on my 10lb bottom pour Lee pot, think I'll have to invest in a new rheostat. Pot is well over 25yrs old. Only cast 24 because the temp was over 850 F. Came back from a trip to Richmond and my new 20lb bottom pour pot was on the porch. 😀

I wasn't looking to upgrade the scope on the Scout. The first time in a long time, I go in the buy/sell section on another board, I see an scope ad. Then I start thinking, yeah, I need to upgrade my scope. Next thing I know, I make an offer and it is accepted. So now, I got a base, rings and scope on the way.

ELDIABO,that is the kind of grouping I hope to get when I get some n110 powder for my new Omega sml.I did see a lot of IMR4198 at the gun show last week.Maybe I might have to give it a try to get my up and shooting.Looking good!
Seems to shoot well. I just picked a starting load based on pressure traces. Clocked one shot at 2180 fps - so not real fast - but the sabots look very happy.

152F90F6-B48C-4891-994C-B3C68FE7EB36.jpeg

Seems to shoot well. I just picked a starting load based on pressure traces. Clocked one shot at 2180 fps - so not real fast - but the sabots look very happy.

View attachment 31976
Aint nuthin wrong with that El D. Thats right where mv MV is in my Accura with 220gr .40 bullets in the same sabots with BH 209. The recoil is not bad at all, the accuracy is moa or better & at that velcity they - to use a term I recently heard coined in here " snot clobbered " the daylights out of every deer I've shot with them. Theres no need for anything more inside 200yds.

Latest posts

Back