Whats the diffrence between T7 and Pyrodex Pellets ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rks1949

Reaction score
Other than the actual weight ,and the stink when cleaning your gun,what's the diffrence between the two? Will the T7 pellets produce higher velocity?

The Triple Se7en might produce a small amount more fps, but they are actually supposed to be relatively equal in power. All they actually did was reduce the weigh to the T-7 so it would shoot like the Pyrodex pellets.

Thanks Dave, I'm keeping a watch on them at my local Wal-Mart,they have been marked down 5.00 so far. When,and if they get cheaper,I want to try some to compare them to my 120 T7 load. I've heard the pellets are faster,but talking to some guy's that shoot the 120gr. load,and most say there is no noticable diffrence in long range trajectory.

I picked up some T7 pellets today to compare to my 120gr. loose powder load. Have the cronograph ready to go. Now I just need a good day,soon to get the real numbers. I think I might be in for a suprize,or not?

Cayuga is correct.

The T7 pellets are cut down to match the velocity of the Pyrodex pellets so they can be used interchangeably. Hodgdon lists the loads for T7 and Pyrodex pellets on the same chart so they basically are equivalent.

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/muzzleloading/pellets/50sabot.php

Remember that this is NOT true for loose powder. T7 loose powder is roughly 15% stronger that loose Pyrodex.

If you like shooting pellets, the Walmart end of season sales can be a really good deal. I picked several boxes last year for $9.00 a piece.

tooldog

tooldog,They have droped here around 5 bucks,but not anymore yet! The trouble we have here is,dealers wait until the last price drop,then buy out the entire stock. Ya gotta be quick,to beat them. :D

I'm not really a big pellet fan, but for the right price, I'll shoot'em all. :p

Good luck getting some at the right price.

tooldog

Back