when did i get this bad boy???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
I was digging around for carving tools I bought. i found this bullet mold, I have no idea where i got. i know i did not buy it new. must of been off cast boolits.

bullets with range lead (well sorted)
.502" dia

drop weight 447 to 452 gr

001-17.jpg

002-12.jpg

that looks like a great plains mold! I just may have to borrow that one off you corey LOL.

it is an lee mold. great plains is lyman I thinking lol

it is the lee c501-440 rf

it is dropping a little fat

Corey if i could borrow it one of these days that'd be awesome. I am extremely interested in seeing how this bullet would do in my barrels. Let me know when you arent using it and i'll send you $$ to cover shipping.

I need to make an few, I am planning on paper patching them.

until I can get the sizing die I can't really do much other then try them out of my cva's. going to have to send me your home address again.

Frontier Muzzleloading
PO Box 58
Boncarbo,CO,81024

I have a bunch of soft lead so i'll cast you up some as well and send them with the mold after i do some testing.

I'll put the shipping $$ in the box on the way back, hows that sound?

I am fine on lead, I have some softer stuff. been saving it. I shoot my lee improved and reals made out range lead so I am not scared to shoot it.

you still have some guns that can shoot round ball, i may have something for you to test out. i am getting close to hunting season, I don't have time to play. if i get time to do early ml.

found an loop hole :D

jon, i will be sending it monday. had to run a few test on it with some lead i got in. the alloy mix I have is still tin rich. so I ordered some more lead sheets.

the target weight for pure is about 460grs. i am at 455gr to 456.7grs that is 9 samples.

i'll send some soft lead back after i make a run of bullets to try out. Thanks man i really appreciate it! I'll send some mold lube as well. Stuff works amazingly well and will save the mold for years to come.

don't worry about the soft lead I have another 13lbs of sheet lead coming in this week. found an source price per lbs ($2/lbs) after shipping is about the same as rotometal's before shipping.

makes 26lbs I got off them in 2 weeks. after this next lot comes in i will email them and see if they do non ebay sales and will take MO to save them paypal fees

Latest posts

Back