Which Leupold for Omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomc1426

Reaction score
Reading the different post, I've decided to get a better scope for my Omega. I'll be replacing a very cheap scope, and I'm wandering what your opinions are on between the Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 and the VX-1 2-7x33. Most shots will be 100 yds or less, but I'm wanting to zero at 100 yds.

Thanks,

Tom

I would go with the 3-9X40 scope. The 40mm will do better in the low light of dawn and dusk. The 9 power will make it easlier to sight in at 100 yards. Also the 9 power would help just in case you do have to go more than 100 yards.

Weights are only a 2 oz difference, length is 1.4" and eye relief is the same.

The advantage of 2-7X33 is the FOV @ 43.2 ft @ 2X, where the 3-9X40 is 32.9 ft @ 3X. So if you will hunt where close shots are common the 2X would help. The 2X7 would also allow you to mount the scope a little lower to the barrel if that is important to you.

I favor the 3-9x40 also. I have a VXII on my Omega, but the VXI is a fine scope also. the 3-9 is a better all around scope IMO.

Tomc1426 said:
Reading the different post, I've decided to get a better scope for my Omega. I'll be replacing a very cheap scope, and I'm wandering what your opinions are on between the Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 and the VX-1 2-7x33. Most shots will be 100 yds or less, but I'm wanting to zero at 100 yds.

Thanks,

Tom

I am a Leupold nut and almost all my guns wear Leupold. On my Pro-hunter I just took off a Leupold 3X9X40 and put the new Nikon 3-9x40 Omega Muzzleloading Riflescope BDC-250. It is a great set up. With the set up recommended with the scope, I am shooting out to 200 yards with no problems. I am getting 1 inch groups with My Encore at 100 yards and am hitting 4 inch clay targets at 200 yards with it. Here are 2 web sites with information on it. I would not go back to the Leupold after the way it shoots.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/product ... oduct=8402

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... stid=19984

Will I went with the Leupold 3-9 40. So far I've mounted it and shot a few times at the range. Don't feel I've sighted it in yet, but man has it been hot here. Getting a little to used to the AC I guess. :lol: Anyway thanks for the replies.

Tom

Tomc1426 said:
I went with the Leupold 3-9 40.
:yeah: Nice choice! You'll enjoy the new scope. Good luck shooting when the weather cools off. Hopefully, it won't be too long now!

Latest posts

Back