Which Sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohihunter2014

Reaction score
I currently load 300gr .452 Hornady XTP with BH209 for a CVA Optima V2 50cal but I cant remember what sabot I usually use and I am out. What do you guys recommend?

Try Harvesters, black. Either smooth or the crush ribs if a smooth sabot loads real hard with the bullet.

Depends on the rifle, my Accura shoots the crush ribs but my buddys TC uses the smooth black harvesters

I have shot both out of my optima v2 with several different bullets. overall I thought the crush rib sabot shot better than the smooth black.

I have shot both out of my optima v2 with several different bullets. overall I thought the crush rib sabot shot better than the smooth black.
I use the smooth sabot mostly because of cold weather issues. I have heard of poor ignition with sabots that don,'t keep pressure on the powder. For me the crush ribbed sabots are too loose. For me these sabots don't load real hard but have enough resistance to pressure the charge.

I've used both green and black by Harvester and don't notice any difference, I'm using XTPs 44mag/240gr in my two Whitelightings.

Latest posts

Back