Which sights for hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go. I had ordered some miscellaneous pieces to put together a while back. Filed down some of them to make them fit. I used some super glue to hold things in place for extra security. Have not shot with it or field tested yet. Will have to do some more redneck engineering to shim up my Lyman 57 peep sight. Might cut a piece out of a solid aluminum block I have laying around to make a one piece solid shim. So far I really like the sight picture looking thru the peep. The green fiber rod is extremely easy to see and does not cover up the target.
Not sure how well things will work, but I should have fun trying.View attachment 13103View attachment 13104View attachment 13105View attachment 13106View attachment 13107View attachment 13108View attachment 13109
Exactly what I was thinking of! Keep us posted if you would.

My rear sight turned up today, meant to be new but looks like it has seen a bit of use. Not really in a position to complain given it was the last one in the country and nowhere stateside seems to have them.

Pedersoli don't answer emails so I'm going to see if I can speak to someone there on the phone. Want to know the front sight height so I can pick the right lee shaver sight.

20210218_125142.jpg

My rear sight turned up today, meant to be new but looks like it has seen a bit of use. Not really in a position to complain given it was the last one in the country and nowhere stateside seems to have them.

Pedersoli don't answer emails so I'm going to see if I can speak to someone there on the phone. Want to know the front sight height so I can pick the right lee shaver sight.

View attachment 13250

That is a GOOD sight my Friend :lewis:

Back