Which Triumph??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nugent

Reaction score
A few years ago I bought a T/C Triumph in camo and Weather Shield but due to circumstances beyond my control I had to sell it before I even got to SHOOT it!! I even have the Nikon Omega w/ BDC in the matching camo for it that I never got mounted. My question is this; is the Bone Collector worth the extra money? I will get the camo and Weather Shield at the minimum but am wondering if the Bone Collector is as good as it looks. Has anyone out there owned and/or shot both? Thanks in advance for your input, guys!!

The Triumph Bone Collector has the flex tech stock and a 1" shorter LOP then the standard Triumph. If you go shopping take a look at the Omega Dream Season. It just feels right! :D

I do have a Triumph, great shooting gun. I am not a fan of the stock though. Does not fit me right and had to put a DNZ high mount on it to get the correct view looking through the scope.

I REALLY liked the Triumph I had; I was just wondering if the fancy, shock absorbing stock was worth the extra money...

I feel the fancy shock asorbing stock and forend on my Pro Hunter reduces recoil.

It comes down to length of pull, if you need to really smoosh your face down on the stock to see the open sights on the standard model, buy the Bone Collector it has an 1" shorter L.O.P.

The slope of the comb rises the further you get from the action, thus the further back on the stock you go, the higher above the sights you go as well.

I need to cut 1/4" off my standard model.

YMMV

Thanks, guys! I've always thought if the gun shoots straight it was up to me, as an adaptable human, to make it work. I never really thought about how it felt or sighted in when I held the first Triumph I had. I WILL keep all this in mind when I go looking...

Nugent said:
A few years ago I bought a T/C Triumph in camo and Weather Shield but due to circumstances beyond my control I had to sell it before I even got to SHOOT it!! I even have the Nikon Omega w/ BDC in the matching camo for it that I never got mounted. My question is this; is the Bone Collector worth the extra money? I will get the camo and Weather Shield at the minimum but am wondering if the Bone Collector is as good as it looks. Has anyone out there owned and/or shot both? Thanks in advance for your input, guys!!
IMHO the wiz bang triumph is not worth the extra dollars. i own a plain jane version and i am 6"3' and use med mounts on mine and it's comfortable. hell i never had a problem shooting it with the factory open sights either.if it fit you well, then go with it.

Nugent said:
I REALLY liked the Triumph I had; I was just wondering if the fancy, shock absorbing stock was worth the extra money...

Yep....at least the thumb-hole version on my Encore is for me. Between the Flex-tech and the soft butt pad, I can shoot that thing all day long.

Speaking of that thumb-hole stock, it's comb is perfection for me to mount for both open and optical sights. It's really what sold me on the gun. They all shoot pretty well once you develop a load, but if you don't waste valuable time fussing to get the thing mounted comfortably with your eye in line with the sights, that's a real bonus to me. The first time I picked up that Encore, I was sold.

I was just noticing Cabelas wants almost $100 more for the Triumph versus an Omega with similar options, but I'm still hooked o n the Triumph so far. I will handle the others when I go, though...

Handle the Dream Season for sure. Even though im not a big fan of the stock, it seems like a really sweet T/C.

Latest posts

Back