Whiskey Tango?! AGAIN!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sooo, I go to my local den of iniquity searching for odds and ends. I inquire about muzzleloader barrels, specifically Renegades of any caliber or ignition. I'm directed to a back room with a number of barrels in various stages of being cuccooned in dust.
Low and behold I find an unfired .50 flint lock Renegade, no QLA!
"How much?" says I. "$125 ought to do it" says he.
Could NOT get the money out fast enough!
My Renegade is at Bobby Hoyt's being rebored to .54 and now I have a matching .50! Its Christmas!
This one, like my other Renegade and one of my Hawken barrels, has an " M" stamp. Does this mean anything in particular?
So. My sidelock collection is now complete. My P53 Enfield, for putting down uppity Yankees, my 2 barrel Hawken percussion and my 2 barrel flint Renegade. My Firehawk rounds things out quite nicely.
I am blessed.

Wellll... I burned about 20 pounds of Elephant 3f, in 60 grain charges, in my time in E Co. of the 1st Texas Volunteer Infantry. No license, no closed season and no bag limits <(;
Did have to bust a cap on one of my own for desertion in the presence of the enemy...
I was floored when I saw this barrel! Flint Renegades are very hard to find. Been looking since September. A bit of work is needed though, as the wedge doesn't want to go in all the way. Small thing.
I'm hopeful for good things with this barrel. I've a fine group of rifle guns, and I believe I should call my buying ( and selling) days over. The luck can't go on forever!

Latest posts

Back