Who all is hunting this weekend?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Of COURSE Kristel and I are in Kentucky.. Any one else here getting out to try to pop one this weekend?

I have the Ultralight Arms .50/Leupold 2.5-8 VX-III, the Savage 10ML-II #IV/Leupold 3.5-10X40, and Kristels 10ML-II #III/Leupold Ultralight 3-9 ready to go. 42gr of VV N-110 for both of my guns, 250gr PTX for the NULA and 250gr SST for the Savage #IV. Kristels Savage #III is using the 250gr SST with 34gr N-110. After talking to Grouse tonight, I started thinking about making a quick trip to the range and make sure the Disc Elite is sighted in! :shock:

big6x6 said:
After talking to Grouse tonight, I started thinking about making a quick trip to the range and make sure the Disc Elite is sighted in! :shock:

No shocker to me. That was the most consistent MuzzleLoader you ever owned. :wink:

I will be Hunting with my Son this Saturday for sure. The T/C Encore will get the morning hunt for sure. 250grn XTP, and 110grns of 777 weighed out. Hopefully late Saturday morning, the new Savage will be ready for the rest of the year for me. Of course, the new Leupold VX-3 is on it. :)

By the way, i hope Kristel shoots the biggest Deer. :p And you have a fun and safe trip. :)

I'll be out here in north central PA. I'll be carrying my Disc Elite .50 with a 200 gr Shockwave and 100 gr 777.

I'll also be carrying coffee, and food for the day. Sort of like an armed picnic!

Well as long as you said hunting I have gone everyday since Sep. 10 That was for Ml Elk. Now it is always a tough decision whether to go duck/goose hunting or Archery. The freezer is already full.
Sat. is opening day for pheasants and I have lots of them here.
In two weeks we get a 4 day doe season so a doe might fall to the Savage however it will be donated to friends or feed the hungry.
It sure is tough being retired and have to hunt everyday, hardly any time for fishing. :lol:
Ken

I'll be out again on Saturday. Still have 2 mulie doe tags and my white tail tag. Probably will pass on the mulies as put 2 in freezer last Saturday. There's a big whitetail buck I've had my eye on since last season and will watch for him :D .

Cant make PA Early ML Saturday opener but will be heading north to my camp on Sunday. Have all next week off to enjoy those great outdoors! :)

Will be taking my HB 10 ML-II & White Super 91 along for hunt. Whichever one behaves the best will be given the honors of the lead-off position. :lol:

This weekend I'll be chasin Magilla again...
"cept this time I'm carryin my 3 Elites--Gun, scope, and rangefinder. :)

I just need a chance to prove to myself that the hundreds of bucks worth of ammo was worth it. :shock:

On opening morning when your waiting for daylight and you look up for a blessing, just remember Spit too, ok?

I'd be much abliged. :wink:

Crap...The truck is all loaded up....NOW what do I do? :d'oh!:

Yeah Spit....I'll be thinking about all my internet buds wishing you luck as well!

Hey...We should have some sort of "Big Buck" contest or something!

big6x6 said:
Hey...We should have some sort of "Big Buck" contest or something!

That's a pretty good idea. May have to look at it for next year. We'd have to have everything figured out before it started and hunting season's already a going.

Great idea... lets just have one this year for the fun of doing it. Ya know, so we can kinda figure out what we want to do next year...
Nothin serious. Any ideas? :)

The biggest thing I can think of is that it would have to be killed with a muzzleloader since this is a muzzleloader oriented board. :wink:

How about a picture of the deer with the muzzleloader and load used to enter, with a prize of having the title of Biggest Buck '05 or maybe a custom sig pic with the deer (we could do a real prize next year). I don't know. Ideas?

The BB of 05 sounds fun...
Could be a title carried in the margin with a pic. :)
How would it be judged? What if it's close contest?
Also biggest non typical? ugliest buck? cutest doe?
Fattest doe? Longest shot? Luckiest shot?
and so it goes..... :roll: :D

ps ...RW might be our best bet for something ceative.

Could be a title carried in the margin with a pic.

I like it, sounds like fun.

To judge "biggest" or "nicest" or whatever....at the end of the season have a poll and let the members decide. This way, the Biggest doesn't mean best....maybe the story would be factored into the "vote" or the region would be accounted for through the vote (Whatever the factors the voter wants to consider...maybe its the age or gender of the shooter they want to consider...who knows). This way, the 140 B&C in Kentucky shot by 15 year old whomever, might way heavier in the vote than the 150 B&C in Alberta. Just a suggestion.

Back