Who bought a new ML this year???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my first ml this year , and my first deer . a cva buckhorn 209 magnum with 3-9x32 bushnel scope set at 5 .

I got a Triumph and put a 3x9 Leupold Rifleman scope on it. I like the balance, the weight and the fit. I shoot 130 grains of T7 with a 250 Shockwave.
I got a doe in Maryland, almost a head on shot at 75 yards. I hit it through the throat, caught the spine and it exited through the front of the shoulder blade.
I get sub two inch group at 100 yards with that load.

Well, I went an got another White!! A Thunder .12 ga. shotgun NWTF 25th Anniversary edition, its in transit via UPS and should be here Jan.3rd.

When I found and bought my first White muzzleloader in 2006 I owned all T/C's then it was even and now I own three Whites and two T/C's. Still like my Encore and Renegade, but Whites are the cats meow!!! 8)

bought a new frontier cascade magnum 50cal topped it with a tasco bantam. got a 6pt gun season a bb ml season shoots great! :D

CVA Optima Magnum -- $195.00 new (Big R)
CVA thumbhole stock & fore end $90.00 <45.00> I got for the stock ones on ebay -- $45.00 outta pocket (Bass Pro)
Bushnell Banner 3x9 with the Butler Creek caps -- $79.00 (Gander
Mountain)
Thompson ramrod -- $26.00 (Cabelas)

-- $345.00 total --
The target is from the 1st day sighting it in at 100yds, 240gr XTP's, Harvester ribbed sabots, 100gr 777 powder, Winchester Triple 7 primers.
The top 2 holes where the 1st after my 50 yard rough sight in, the pink circle was the 2nd 2 shots, the black circle was the last three. No cleaning in between the 7 shots..we had rain headed our way last weekend & wanted to get 2 more guns sighted in for our late season whitetail stuff here in Illinois....could have done a bit better I'm sure,..sub 1" MOA is about a sure thing I would guess.
cvaoptima.jpg

cvatarget.jpg

new guns

I bought a encore 209x50 in july and a Lyman deer stalker 54 flint in dec enough for a while But the flint is more fun than the encore.

After being turned on to ML'ing by my dad and using one of his omegas, he thought he would get me one for Christmas. But he then found a really good deal on a TC Triumph.

So I am now the proud owner of a Triumph, all camo version and I love it. I put a 1.5 to 5 Hawkens scope on it and all is working great! Can't wait for the next dear season.

Thanks Pop!

new ml's

As my name suggest's I got a new Rem. Genesis camo thumbhole stock,fluted s/s barrel.I had gone into the local sports store to get into bow hunting when this ML caught my eye and I couldn't leave it there.So I will have to take up bow hunting another year now!!!!

CVA Wolf. Just got it for Christmas, and havnt had the chance to shoot it yet.

Sold the Encore and replaced it with a Knight KRB. Haven't had a chance to put it thru its paces yet.

KnightKRB003.jpg

Latest posts

Back