Wide Meplat .45 PP bullet @ 100 yards

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sure looks like it would work very well....

Those are really nice clean holes also - great stabilization

What is the approximate volume measure of your powder load? - gave up weighing when I quit reloading...

sabotloader said:

What is the approximate volume measure of your powder load? - gave up weighing when I quit reloading...

Mike, I have checked Volume against Weight with both Swiss 2 and 3F, They are darn near spot on, just a few Grains difference depending on how you Tap the Volume measure, or you dont? I checked with several different cans of powder and the results were the same each time, I finally quit checking. I Don’t use my Volume measures, I usually know the night before I plan to shoot and pre weigh my charges that night, takes out a step when I’m at the Pit, And i feel the pre weighed in Weight Grains is more precise. I really need to break down and take my Volume measure and Group shoot, just to see if i can tell a difference? Shoot a group of pre weighed, and then a Group of Volume measured. Keep everything else identical.

Idaholewis said:
sabotloader said:

Mike, I have checked Volume against Weight with both Swiss 2 and 3F, They are darn near spot on, just a few Grains difference depending on how you Tap the Volume measure, or you dont? I checked with several different cans of powder and the results were the same each time, I finally quit checking. I Don’t use my Volume measures, I usually know the night before I plan to shoot and pre weigh my charges that night, takes out a step when I’m at the Pit, And i feel the pre weighed in Weight Grains is more precise. I really need to break down and take my Volume measure and Group shoot, just to see if i can tell a difference? Shoot a group of pre weighed, and then a Group of Volume measured. Keep everything else identical.

But you a $ you would really be surprised - provided you were able to use the volume measure consistently... It took me awhile but now today it is almost second nature... But! if I were shooting paper for money I would weigh...

sabotloader said:
Idaholewis said:
sabotloader said:

But you a $ you would really be surprised - provided you were able to use the volume measure consistently... It took me awhile but now today it is almost second nature... But! if I were shooting paper for money I would weigh...

I will definitely give them a try, I watched Idahoron use his Volume measure when he was here for his Whitetail Hunt, Ron has a method that works very well for him, it is a consistent ‘tap tap tap’ as he is filling his measurer with a Titan powder flask. After watching Ron use his I bought 2 measures Identical to Ron’s, An older all Brass Version, and the Newer version of the Same measurer but with a plastic/polymer slide, and Top funnel instead of brass. These were TC Brand if I remember right?

58IcgRG.jpg

Those are the same measure I use - although I would like to find one of those all brass jobs!!!

I am a four tapper and cut... and it has been really consistent for me...

Latest posts

Back