Will Exercise Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just like those rigid, spiteful, straight razor totin women.

Well got up early thinking of picking Strawberries and mowing grass.

Well my Back feels like the Disk have pulled apart, my Hips feel like they pulled out and my feet hurt.

So Gym is out tomorrow. My wife picked a Gallon of Strawberries and said she will mow grass when she gets home.

oneshot

Well, for either better or worse I'm actually allergic to grass; not severely, though.  But I can't cut grass anyway.  The vibration of the lawnmower feels like someone's beating my hands with a 2"X4".  Plus I can't carry or push due to spinal deterioration disease.  Add to that my propensity to fall a lot and you have potential disaster.  I pretty much know what I can and can't do and am able to stay as fit as is possible.  BUT I DON'T HAVE TO MOW GRASS!  :Red tup: :2 cents: :sunny: 

Walking down any steps is scary and I have to be ultra cautious.  Going up is no problem because if I fall, I fall UP.  Of course losing balance and falling backwards ("backerds" in Southern) is not to be taken lightly.  We have steps leading down to the finished basement where we currently live; and basement plus second story stairs at our soon-to-be house in Maine.  I'll be 72 this summer and I'm acknowledged to be healthy, considering the shape I'm in.  :lol!: :Scucks:

I'll be 65 in October my Spine has been messed up for years. I have problem with Blood Clots. Have a Hernia in my stomach and now Arthritis puts me completely down every so often.

I've tried to die couple times but people won't let me.

If I'm able I'm going to try to do my best to hunt this Fall. More than likely I will die in the woods. I just hope my Body don't set too long because I'm wanting to donate all the organs I can.

Then I want to be Cremated, BBQ and Dance on the River, discretely put my ashes in the river where I was Baptized. 

oneshot

All my problems are in the superstructure with the engine, fuel lines, pump, etc, in fine shape.  I'll try and hunt this fall, certainly the next and might try for turkey if I can find a place nearby.  Just couldn't drive, this spring, the hour it takes me to get to where I've hunted.  I'm not good to drive nowadays and avoid it except for short local drives to doctors, grocery stores, etc.  A neurologist threatened to pull my DR a few years ago because of my ocular migraines,  When I get them they can be mild or debilitating.  I get the vise-like pressure in my head, nausea, weakness; but the final straw that concerned the Dr was the fact that when I have them, I can't see.  My son has the standard migraines.

Thankfully it has been a long time since I had one; which would be super dangerous if I had one while driving.  They come on in an instant with no trigger.

You ever have an MRI with dye injection? My headaches, face numbness, black outs and dizziness are caused by my C3 & 4 hitting an artery and cutting down blood flow.

Been there done that, then the bottom of my back went south. Now either fused, pinned or bone on bone. Only fix is complete fusing or a long pinning. Have lost 35% of the blood flow in my legs and that number goes up a little each year. Crap, I've been ready to die for 40 years and it hasn't happened yet !!!

It's about time on this thread to move on, you guys have beat this old horse to laying down on its back. 
Think it finally gave up folks.... :Beating Muley:  :Scucks:  :Bat:  :dodo:  :pete said what

I've had so many MRIs I attract any metal in my vicinity  :lol!:.

You both talk about it and I empathize.  I had them with and without die, x-rays until I shine in the dark.  I've had several epidurals and nerves burned away with de-enervations.  My neck is already fused - naturally from the spinal disease - and my back is fusing, too.  One problem I have with driving is that I can't turn my head very far and can't see behind me; have to turn my whole body and do it all with the mirrors.  Scoliosis and a hump on the right side of my back.  It hurts a lot going back to my misbegotten youth.  How come we don't do the "Benjamin Button" thing!  I can still do more than would seem possible.

oneshot 1 said:
Well went ahead and worked out today. Hurt bad but did ok.

oneshot

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.  :ttups:

oneshot 1 said:
Well went ahead and worked out today. Hurt bad but did ok.

oneshot
If I lay out for a week or so it's like starting over.  I had to stay away from the gym for almost a year due to a back injury and dang it was tough starting back.  Stick with it and things will get a little easier as the days go by.  I normally go 3 days a week and do not go 2 days in a row.  I use the weight machines, but I never go over 40 lbs on them.  Lighter weights building up the reps are what we older fellows need instead of trying to looking like Arnold.  It keeps seldom used muscles toned, it will also make us look good in the Casket :cheers: :Hide:

Buck Conner said:
Boy, that relieves my mind, thanks Rick for reminding me. Casket  :study:
That's what we old guys at the gym say keeps us going there, that & the pretty young ladies that are also present :say whhhhhat: :Need photo:

Back