• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WITHDRAWN Winchester X150 .45cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barrel length and weight? Would I be correct in assuming that it's basically the same Rifle as a Cva mag hunter?

Barrel length and weight? Would I be correct in assuming that it's basically the same Rifle as a Cva mag hunter?
26" i'm 99% sure but I will measure and double check when I get home, don't have a way to weigh it but i'll check online, its a stock muzzleloader so what info you find should be accurate per the manual. I will try to find out for you. very similar to the mag hunter, this gun was made by CVA I'm almost positive.

The gun itself is a CVA made mag or hunter bolt but Winchester got slightly nicer stocks on their versions. Idk where they came from but they typically had checkering and some grip areas in theirs that the CVAs didn't. I think, not 100%, that Win put there own stocks on the Win x150 and Win Apex(cva kodiak)

The gun itself is a CVA made mag or hunter bolt but Winchester got slightly nicer stocks on their versions. Idk where they came from but they typically had checkering and some grip areas in theirs that the CVAs didn't. I think, not 100%, that Win put there own stocks on the Win x150 and Win Apex(cva kodiak)
100% correct and it is 26" barrel.

The mag hunter and hunter bolt were both good shooting muzzleloaders! We shot the Buffalo ballets with around 100grn or so out of em but I don't remember the exact weight of the ballets. We killed quite a few deer with both guns! I say we because me and my dad and brother all had these and hunted with em for several years. Good price for this muzzleloader!

The mag hunter and hunter bolt were both good shooting muzzleloaders! We shot the Buffalo ballets with around 100grn or so out of em but I don't remember the exact weight of the ballets. We killed quite a few deer with both guns! I say we because me and my dad and brother all had these and hunted with em for several years. Good price for this muzzleloader!
I recently got a box of those ballets from a member here. 240 grains. They're very similar to the Hornady PA conicals, which are my go to bullets for my 50 cal. sidehammer guns.

I recently got a box of those ballets from a member here. 240 grains. They're very similar to the Hornady PA conicals, which are my go to bullets for my 50 cal. sidehammer guns.
We used in side locks when we first started muzzleloader hunting and they were pretty accurate. We killed several deer with em. I killed my 1st muzzleloader deer with a Buffalo Ballet! Very nice 8pt buck!

Latest posts

Back