Woodman 450-453 shallow Grove Pitman 300 aeromax

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
Hello muzzleloaders I've missed you, it's good to be back in Arkansas and behind a trigger again, I want to thank Mark Woodman again for the help and the build and continuing to help me constantly appease my obsession. This is another bull barrel installed on a Remington 700 that has not had any work done on it no lapping of the lugs nothing it's sitting in a Richard's microfit stock I had it bedded for a factory lug and ground that out with the help of Drew Walker of blueprinted firearms in Central North Carolina, by the way I want to recommend him to anyone in the North Carolina area that's looking for custom work, he has a really nice shop I'm very impressed with him and with his work and what I saw in his shop. This is 62.5 grains of i m r 4198 the first group was 62 even and it was good but I decided to go on up I'm going to bump up to 63 grams in the next load the bore of the rifle has been hand-lapped it is very even I am shooting a wool wad under powder even two hand seating pressure, sorry I don't have a gauge to judge but just about that much, continue to learn and experiment with the shallow Grove I am impressed today.

Attachments

• 20240425_142717.jpg
    20240425_142717.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Sorry for the lack of details you know when I get excited really good excited that's five shots on the 62 grain load on the first shot holding the rear back the stock busted my knuckle on my forefinger and it kind of messed with me a little bit but I will address the gun a little bit differently it takes me a few sessions to really develop a relationship with a rifle once that's complete me and this woman are going to get along

Wind is blowing from 15 up to about 25 mph and very inconsistent not that that matters

Hello muzzleloaders I've missed you, it's good to be back in Arkansas and behind a trigger again, I want to thank Mark Woodman again for the help and the build and continuing to help me constantly appease my obsession. This is another bull barrel installed on a Remington 700 that has not had any work done on it no lapping of the lugs nothing it's sitting in a Richard's microfit stock I had it bedded for a factory lug and ground that out with the help of Drew Walker of blueprinted firearms in Central North Carolina, by the way I want to recommend him to anyone in the North Carolina area that's looking for custom work, he has a really nice shop I'm very impressed with him and with his work and what I saw in his shop. This is 62.5 grains of i m r 4198 the first group was 62 even and it was good but I decided to go on up I'm going to bump up to 63 grams in the next load the bore of the rifle has been hand-lapped it is very even I am shooting a wool wad under powder even two hand seating pressure, sorry I don't have a gauge to judge but just about that much, continue to learn and experiment with the shallow Grove I am impressed today.
Really nice shooting. way to make a feller feel like a bonehead for passing of that other barrel like that. I still chew on that decision from time to time bc of the thoughts of the potential in that 12 land shallow groove bore. I just knew that would be a shooter.
Great job brother.

Thank you I have to give the credit to Woodman arms I'm very Rusty with my shooting I hope it gets better for me shooting is like Ping Pong if I practice I'm very competitive when I haven't been practicing I'm just so so

Thank you I have to give the credit to Woodman arms I'm very Rusty with my shooting I hope it gets better for me shooting is like Ping Pong if I practice I'm very competitive when I haven't been practicing I'm just so so
If you saw the last 3 -5 shot targets I shot over the wknd, you'd have asked me if I had my eyes closed.
Nuthin like some humbling 2 - 2.5 moa groups @200yds after pasting a .5 moa group I can tell ya that.

Back