Woodman Patriot conicals?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 155 grains I have no reason to think it would have much recoil, even with the speed jacked up. I know N110 has less recoil at a given speed than at an equivilent charge of, say, IMR4198 to get the same speed. I'm assuming somewhat slower burning is the reason to that end. I have on hand and have shot the N110 last winter when it was cold here, but haven't tinkered with it since. On the list though.

When I first got my Patriot over a year in late 2022, I had zip for any idea of what powder to shoot in it and the IMR 4198 was suggested, starting at 54 grains for the three bullets I have mentioned. Some banter then started about how the powder may not be cold stable and you suggested the N110. Shortly after that I got the N110 and we got into a stretch of daytime negative temps so I made charges and set the whole shooting match in the garage the night before I went to the range to see how the 4198 did. It was at -7 when I shut the van off at the club, commenced to load and shoot with nary an issue and absolutely no indication that the 4198 was going to be an issue with cold, at least to that temp and I am not hunting in anything less than 10 above. Then I shot 10 loads of the N110.

I'd have to look at what I have written on the charge tubes, but I think its 32 grains of the N110 that I shot that same morning and it performed just like the 4198, no problemo. I just haven't shot it since. I wasn't shooting for a group, just seeing where the bullets fell on paper and if I recall that N110 group was just a hair looser but then I wasn't expecting tight.

As for bullets though, I've decided not to go any heavier than the 225 grain Fury and I probably will not hunt deer with anything less than the 195 Barnes but I have every intention of trying a couple in the 180 grain range for a possible coyote load. I've killed a few deer with the 195 and it does a super job but lower in weight than that and I guess I lose some confidence in killing powder in a muzzy, but that's just me. For the coyotes I may even buy into that TAC-XP at 180 to try..... see what sort of grouping I can get. In retrospect, I may try a couple heavier bullets to use with the N110 or even N120 just to see what the gun is like with those powders.
The main reason I shoot N110 is for that reason, recoil reduction. 225gr is my max bullet weight. I have shot resized 41mag bullets. I haven't hunted/killed with the Barnes 10mm 155gr TAC-XP but I have doubt, it would be a deer/coyote killer.

1708483091943.png
1708483221551.png
These are what I hunted with this past year. Never did get to put one in a whitetail. Fury 40 cal 200gr LT

That's all fine and dandy LBA, but they are not listed on the site in either the smokeless muzzleloader or black powder muzzleloader sections as a .40 bullet nor in 200 grain.

That's all fine and dandy LBA, but they are not listed on the site in either the smokeless muzzleloader or black powder muzzleloader sections as a .40 bullet nor in 200 grain.
True. I emailed him and asked him make me some.

Those bullets look exactly like the Parker bullets my friend gave me a couple weeks ago.40 cal 200 grain Jacketed hydra con,which I am thinking about selling .There are 100 of them.Wish I knew how to post a pictures of them.

True. I emailed him and asked him make me some.

Dennis got back to me and will make some up if I decide to try them. Maybe need to wait a month but I am pretty certain I will order.

brownisdown...../are those bullets bonded? If so, what are you asking for them, shipped?

Those bullets look exactly like the Parker bullets my friend gave me a couple weeks ago.40 cal 200 grain Jacketed hydra con,which I am thinking about selling .There are 100 of them.Wish I knew how to post a pictures of them.
Dennis got back to me and will make some up if I decide to try them. Maybe need to wait a month but I am pretty certain I will order.

brownisdown...../are those bullets bonded? If so, what are you asking for them, shipped?
Here's a link to see what they would/might look like. I thought I saw them on the website once before but I didn't see any 40cal. 200gr.
https://parkerproductionsinc.com/collections/jacketed-hydra-con

Thank you. I saw it but have been busy this morning.

Back