Woodman Patriot Order Time

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a Patriot in 45 cal. Website says up to 20 week or more lead time.
For anyone who ordered one recently about how long did it take to receive shipment?

Thanks

Sometimes Mark will chime in and tell what the dates are that they are filling now. They are excellent rifles, his craftsmanship is top notch. There are a lot of people getting on the band wagon now and they are busier than ever. It is totally worth the wait. In the meantime read everything you can find out about them. Get supplies around so that when it arrives you can set it up and start shooting. Congratulations and good luck! Keep us informed..shorty

Sometimes Mark will chime in and tell what the dates are that they are filling now. They are excellent rifles, his craftsmanship is top notch. There are a lot of people getting on the band wagon now and they are busier than ever. It is totally worth the wait. In the meantime read everything you can find out about them. Get supplies around so that when it arrives you can set it up and start shooting. Congratulations and good luck! Keep us informed..shorty
Thank you. I’ve been researching and gathering supplies. Have everything but a scope. Not decided on what scope yet.
Got multiple powders, sabots, and bullets. I have lots of powders as I’ve reloaded for close to 40 years. Cannot find H4198. But do have IMR 4198

Sounds like you got everything figured out and under control. I have almost 50 years reloading, so i know you know what you’re doing or you wouldn’t be here.
What is your price range for your scope? First or second planes? Are you running Marks unimount or getting his picatinny rail? These patriots where designed for quick shots in big woods following the remington pump platform. They usually shot them iron sighted as quick shooting shots were the norm. I wood suggests that you order a cheeck piece, like bradley cheeck piece on the web. Its really needed for proper eye/ scope alignment on the patriot. This will make it a complete package for you. Shorty

Sounds like you got everything figured out and under control. I have almost 50 years reloading, so i know you know what you’re doing or you wouldn’t be here.
What is your price range for your scope? First or second planes? Are you running Marks unimount or getting his picatinny rail? These patriots where designed for quick shots in big woods following the remington pump platform. They usually shot them iron sighted as quick shooting shots were the norm. I wood suggests that you order a cheeck piece, like bradley cheeck piece on the web. Its really needed for proper eye/ scope alignment on the patriot. This will make it a complete package for you. Shorty
I don’t have a set price range on a scope within reason. Likely less than $500.
Likely second plane.
I live in the WV mountains. Very steep.
Many days I cover up to 10 miles. Spot and stalk all day with some sitting at daybreak and dusk.
However, the woods are fairly open, thus my wanting a scope.
I ordered the picatinny rail.

What would be the best $500.00 scope, second plane, for the woodman pattiot? Anybody ??
Hey bro, This is a great scope for the money quality wise & its got a decent low-end FOV, plenty of eye relief & its lightweight.
Should be fantastic on the Partriot.
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...fe08-0139-5b78-00163ecd2826?variation=3072538Heres a great quality lightweight scope that fits what you want too
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...e0bf-0134-8c25-00163e9110c0?variation=1449611

Heres a great quality lightweight scope that fits what you want too
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...e0bf-0134-8c25-00163e9110c0?variation=1449611
GPO has a couple new scopes that look interesting. Just announced:

CENTURI 3-12x44i Super Compact - "Crafted for high magnification and extreme compactness. At 9.9 inches, it boasts double HD glass, a G4i illuminated micro-dot reticle, and a fast-focus ocular, perfect for ultralight and compact MSR rifles." Priced at only $499.99
CENTURI 4-16x44i FFP Super Compact - "The CENTURI 4-16x44i Super-Compact FFP Riflescope. At 9.9 inches, it combines FFP precision, double HD glass, MIL-based reticle, and zero-stop locking turrets for short ultralight tactical rifles."

Hey Fishbc, the gentleman haveIMG_3739.pngIMG_3740.png given you some food for thought. I happen to have one of these Sightron S-trac 3-16x42, its an excellent scope for the money, i put it on my last muzzy build. There are some others out there also, these guys buy a lot of scopes and know the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Shorty

I had a GPO Passion go south on my Patriot, after less than 100 shots fired it would not track correct or hold zero. I really liked the scope, it was great optically.
They were quick to replace it and that scope now rides a .204 Ruger so recoil is no longer an issue.
Maybe I just got a bad one, who knows?

Hey Fishbc, the gentleman haveView attachment 41080View attachment 41081 given you some food for thought. I happen to have one of these Sightron S-trac 3-16x42, its an excellent scope for the money, i put it on my last muzzy build. There are some others out there also, these guys buy a lot of scopes and know the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Shorty
What I got on mine. Sightron
3-16x42 Duplex.

Boy I suck at this forum stuff. And computers in general. Struggle to find how to reply and post.
Anyway, some of the scopes suggested are new to me. Guess I’m not as versed in scopes as I thought I was.
Thanks to everyone who replied!!

Steve

Hi Steve. I was the same way and still not as computer savy as i wish sometimes. At the top of page is the word search, click on this as it’s the forum search button. This lets you search for belated posts from members looking for the same information as you. It is a great way to learn new stuff for an older dog. There are a lot of great scope information on here from members that have had similar requests. Keep us posted and the help will keep coming. Good luck.. shorty

And Steve at a members post about some great scopes that did not brake the bank but would hold up to the punishment of a muzzleloader, i choose this one and love it, for the money it’s awesome.

Back