Yes, Rifleman-- on the .458 Barnes Original

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I shot all afternoon-- it is supremely accurate, 10 shots into one hole. Have not confirmed the BC, but-- it is obviously good by reading the windage.

The bullet is conventional design, and the recovered bullets from hard earth at 125 yards all had core separation. The MMP orange .458 / 50 sabot loads like a dream. This bullet is going pronghorn hunting without question.

No one else is on yet Randy. I sent you the link so you can see it, but it'll be a while before I open the board to all the members. :wink:

Patrick White said:
No one else is on yet Randy. I sent you the link so you can see it, but it'll be a while before I open the board to all the members. :wink:

Good, I'm enjoying myself for a while! :lol:

Actually, I'm a bit surprised a large number of people have not made it here already-- the link is right on your "Announcements" on the old board. :idea:

What bullet exactly

Randy,

What was your load and approximate velocity? How much N120? :D

Cool Beans Randy I knew it ole Grouse had it pegged! I bet the x bullet would shoot good too. Thanks for the tip and the pie is done and in the freezer. I suppose by now you got my phone message and called my wife and chatted her up while I was at work, :roll:

Re: What bullet exactly

Doohan said:
Randy,

What was your load and approximate velocity? How much N120? :D

Yesterday I was shooting 62 gr. N120 @2325 fps. Close to my recoil range comfort limit. :shock:

Rifleman/not logged said:
Cool Beans Randy I knew it ole Grouse had it pegged! I bet the x bullet would shoot good too. Thanks for the tip and the pie is done and in the freezer. I suppose by now you got my phone message and called my wife and chatted her up while I was at work, :roll:

You owe me a Chocalate cream pie. :)

IndianaHunter said:
RandyWakeman said:
I shot all afternoon-- it is supremely accurate, 10 shots into one hole. Have not confirmed the BC, but-- it is obviously good by reading the windage.

The bullet is conventional design, and the recovered bullets from hard earth at 125 yards all had core separation. The MMP orange .458 / 50 sabot loads like a dream. This bullet is going pronghorn hunting without question.

Randy, how long did you have to wait between shots or was heat not and issue with this sabot?

IMO Heat is an issue with any Sabot. :p

RW- Were you shooting the flat nose or semi-spitzer Barnes original .458 bullet? Were they the 300 grain bullets?

458 sabot help

Help I cant get the sabot in Canada mmp wont ship out to me have to go thru PR bullet and he doesnt have those sabots :cry:

Re: 458 sabot help

eric10ml II said:
Help I cant get the sabot in Canada mmp wont ship out to me have to go thru PR bullet and he doesnt have those sabots :cry:

Tell you what-- if you like, have MMP ship whatever you order to me. I'll mail them to you. When you get them, send me whatever postage is on the box.

It may sound a bit clumsy, it is-- but, it will get you your sabots. :wink:

That sounds great and ill order RW vent liner with that too :D
Ill be in touch.Regards
Eric

Back