You won't BELIEVE GRAF's RESPONSE!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
:twisted: :evil: :x

Below is the response I got to an email I sent Grafs last night. What do ya'll think of THIS?

Sent : Friday, January 19, 2007 8:10 AM
To : "Chuck Hill" <[email protected]>
Subject : Re: I'm a little disappointed...

| | | Inbox

Chuck

I do apologize for your inconvenience, but very seldom do we ship
orders the same day they are placed, for the amount of orders that we
have on a daily basis to ship out.

If you placed your order online at 9am, your order was not printed
until that afternoon. We do print off the internet Orders twice a
day.

Only way we can ever guarantee for your order to ship the same day you
place it is if you expedite it, using Next Day, Second Day or 3 Day
Select.

Again, I do apologize, but we never guarantee orders to ship the same
day. That is not in our terms and conditions or our disclaimers.

If you do have any questions, please contact me at the number below.

On 1/18/07, Chuck Hill <[email protected]> wrote:
Order #622439

To Whom it may concern. hopefully the owner:

I'm not one to complain....usually. I have used Grafs several times over
the years. I all ready knew there was 2-day transit time from Mexico, MO to
Athens, AL but I double checked with FEDEX and UPS before placing my order
on Tuesday morning 01/16/2007... yep, 2 days transit. I even shipped the
order to work knowing adult signature would probably be required so no hang
up there. I almost ordered everything but my primers, which I could have
done without for now, from Midsouth, fully KNOWING my order would arrive by
today 01/18/07, worst case senerio, using Midsouth. I thought then that
prehaps Grafs would have large rifle primers in stock so I'd give THEM a
shot thinking that at the LASTEST my order would arrive by Friday, 01/19/07.
Much to my dismay I discovered just now that my order wasn't even SHIPPED
until today, 01/18/07 from Grafs. This being an order that was PLACED
Tuesday, 01/16/07 at 9:11AM. That's not that great of a turnaround, is it?

So....I had planned on reloading for my 22-250 and 22 Hornet at the very
least by tomorrow night in order to make it to the shooting range Saturday
01/20/07, one of the only two Saturdays I have off this month. So now I'll
get my order MONDAY...which is practially useless... This would have all
panned out if my order had been shipped by 6:39PM YESTERDAY instead of
today. You know..that doesn't seem like asking too much for an order that
was placed at practially 9AM Tuesday AM. Was that asking too much? I don't
think so.

Chuck Hill
17803 Brownsferry Road
Athens, AL 35611

Actually I do believe it. If it were me I'd reply and tell here that I never plan to order from them again. Either that or I'd call them up and ask to speak to whoever was in charge and complain and then tell them that I never plan to order from them again. It would help if you knew how much you have spent with them over the years and mention that. Knowing you it's probably a chunk of change. You can also mention you have complained publicly on internet forums. That'll get their attention more than anything. They can't afford to have a ticked off customer. A satisfied customer will tell a few people, one that is not satisfied will tell everyone he can.

Not really much else you can do.

I sent an email to Lisa and mentioned that I will likely use the competition as they have shipped same day and the delivery was as expected. If she get enough of these messages it might get through to them that they might look at changing their attitude.

For what it's worth I ordered from them this AM and they said it would ship on monday, I said thats fine.

Do they normally ship same day?

Most places ship in 2 to 3 business days and you receive between 5 and 7 days. Unless of course you pay for same day or next day.

Grafs, I believe, try to fill the order and ship in 2 days, at least that is what they claim.
http://www.grafs.com/page/faq

I'm sure they didn't plan on ruining your weekend by not getting your order out same the same day.

If it were me I'd probably feel the same as you Chuck. It always sucks when things like this happen. Especially when your limited on time.

Graf's is only 2-3 hrs. from where I live and I have ordered from them a couple of times and it takes forever to get an order from them compared to Midway or Midsouth. That's just a fact! If you need something in a hurry, better just go with Midway or Midsouth....they can turn around an order and get it shipped fast!

Underclocked said:
Do you guys realize there has been a TERRIBLE ice storm here in Missouri?

Yes I did. If that was the problem...why didn't the CS rep address it or put on their web page "due to inclimate weather, etc, etc." I guess I was expecting something like "Dear Mr Hill...I am sorry for the delay in your order. We at Grafs value your business and our goal is to get each order on it's way as fast as possible. It appears that in this regard we have failed. I would like for you to give us another chance and I am including a $10.00 coupon for your next order. Please feel free to contact me with any concerns. Sincerely..."

My point was and is...they didn't ship it the same day(didn't really expect that), they didn't ship the NEXT day(DID expect THIS!), they shipped the NEXT EVENING! It is obvious to me that this is absolutely no concern to them...none whatsoever. It would BURN ME UP if my competition was eating my lunch in ANY aspect! Midsouth and MidwayUSA...EAT THEIR LUNCH! So does Brownells....I've ordered stuff from Brownells and have gotten emails within a couple of HOURS that my order is processed and shipped!

BTW...concerning Midsouth... I stopped a Midsouth on the way to Kentucky this past fall. I was able to meet the manager.. I asked him about his responsibilities...The FIRST thing out of his mouth..."My job is to insure that your order is sent out the same day we receive it." No JOKE! I was and am impressed...

I won't be ordering from Grafs again...

They clearly state they try to ship within two days of the order,unless you paid for 2 day shipping you really don't have any reason to complain. If you need an item by a certain date you need to either order earlier or pay for 2 day shipping.

A simple, "I need it at the latest by 1/19" would have prevented the problem, wouldn't it? If they couldn't comply, or if it would cost more, then you would have had the choice of getting it from Midsouth. I think you have to at least take part of the blame.

I order a ton of stuff from places like Cabelas, and they rarely ship the same day and a lot of times not even the next day. If I need something by a certain date, I just tell them that and they fix me up.

I think that you best point is that you know the Midsouth has always shipped the same day, and if you generally order stuff that you need ASAP, then you are better off ordering from them.

Yeah, its disappointing when plans dont come together due to a couple a day lag in shipping. Happened to me many times over the years. As long as we have weather, human beings, geographics etc. affecting transactions...this will happen even with the very best of companies in my experience.

I buy tons of stuff from Cabelas, Midsouth, RMC, Natchez etc.. Sometimes it comes that fast its on my porch before i even log out! :lol: Next time it may take a couple a days longer but always recd within a very reasonable time (w/o paying guaranteed overnite).

I for one am very happy with Graf's... The pricing is reasonable, alot of times less than the competition, and shipping is cheap... $3.95. Next time ask about shipping time and go elsewhere if not satisfied... if you do go with them notate the name of the person who took your order, that way if it doesn't arrive as promised you can go back at them.

I don't know about you guys... but I am tired of getting gouged on shipping and appreciate Graf's efforts in that regard.

Not exactlly the same but I just bought a burris 3-9X40 Ballistic plex scope from the Ebay and I got an email that the scope was shipped within five minutes of the receipt of paypal payment including a tracking number. Shipping from Tennessee to Arizona $9.00 for priority USPS. Now that is service. I could not expect that from anyone.

They clearly state they try to ship within two days of the order,unless you paid for 2 day shipping you really don't have any reason to complain. If you need an item by a certain date you need to either order earlier or pay for 2 day shipping.

:? ahmm... They did NOT ship on day ONE(that's 1 day), day TWO(that's 2 days), BUT the evening of day THREE. What do they do sit around waiting on day two or three to start shipping orders?

A simple, "I need it at the latest by 1/19" would have prevented the problem, wouldn't it? If they couldn't comply, or if it would cost more, then you would have had the choice of getting it from Midsouth. I think you have to at least take part of the blame.

I couldn't disagree more emphatically. I'll admit to one thing... I ASSUMED Grafs service would be as good as Midsouth or MidwayUSA...clearly it is NOT....they obviously think there is no room for improvement either. Now...I see why.

I think that is becoming the norm these days. I had just ordered a .32 caliber rifle from Green Mountain a few weeks ago. I had called them the day before to make sure this was not a back order item. I really hate when that happens. :evil: They said they were in stock awaiting shipments. I ordered mine and paid immediately. Their website said orders placed after 11:00 am would not ship until the following day, I placed my order at 9:00 am Eastern time. I paid them extra for 3 day delivery. What I did not realize was that meant 3 days from the day they ship it. :shock: I was getting pretty worried that my gun ended up some place other than my house. I think that the whole proces took close to 10 days before it finally got here. No real big deal, as it is Winter finally here so shooting it wasn't going to happen anyways, I was pretty anxious to see it though. But I would rather have saved the $10.00 extra for something else, round balls maybe. I paid for the 3 day so that we could make sure that someone was here to sign for it. I did not want a rifle sitting outside, might be to tempting to others. Also getting my tracking number was near impossible, I finally got it about 1 hour before the UPS truck arrived.

One other thing that had kind of surprised me during this purchase. I had e-mailed them 4 e-mails about 1 Month before placing my order asking a question on the breech plug. I never recieved any responce from them on my question. I have had the gun now for 2 weeks and I have as of last week finally recieved 3 of the responces back. I am awaiting the fourth sometime this week. :roll:

Still a very nice gun though and well worth the hassle.

Mike

Latest posts

Back