Youth hunt sucess!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babills

Reaction score
Well I took my boy out this morning for the opener of Michigans 2 day youth hunt. We were sitting together in a large tree stand in a tree row between 2 fields. On one side is a large overgrown horse pasture, and on the other is a empty wheat field. With a full moon i could see several hundred yards across the wheat field at 6 a.m. At around 7 i seen a little black silouette at 400 yards. I watched it for a couple minutes still not even sure it was a deer, when i hear my son say " hey do you see something"? I whispered that it was a deer and i thought it was heading our way. He started to get excited so i told him to watch the horse pasture until i was sure the deer was comeing towards us. I really just wanted him to get his composure a little before it was time. The shadow slowly milled in our direction when it got to 200 yards I told my son to turnaround and get ready. He would have to shoot over me so i knelt down out of the way. When the deer got to 100 yrds we could see its rack. I looked up towards my sons barrel and seen it shakeing so i told him to settle down and put the crosshairs on his shoulder. A minute later the deer turned broadside the the muzzleloader fired. The buck went only 30 yrds aor so and piled up in front of us. This is a nice 5 point buck taken with a Remington Genesis. I know Iknow it's an inline, but the boy is deadly with it. 13 years old, 3rd deer, 2nd buck.

004-11.jpg

Congratulations there young man. A perfect shot by the look of the shot placement. I also have a Remington Genesis and agree, they are a deadly accurate rifle.

What load and powder charge were you / was he shooting?
How much bleeding did it do? Internal damage?
I am guessing a complete pass through?

Congrats to you guys.. waiting for a report from my brother in Michigan.. he has two young folks he is mentoring on our family farm up in East Jordan.. hope they did as well as you... Les

Congrats on a job well done and a perfect shot! I love going on youth hunts! It's just something you and the youth will never forget and they learn so much.

Good job on the nice deer.what did you use foryour load?

Congrats fellas! I can smell those backstraps sizzlin' now...... :yeah:

Latest posts

Back