52 cal and conicals

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idahoron said:
I keep thinking about pulling the trigger on a Disc 52. I just don't need it.

Do you already have an Elite or a newer Knight with a cantilever type stock? You can just buy a 52cal LRH barreled action if you do.

Its almost starting to get comical how long it takes them to ship. I almost envision the guys at knight to be like the duck dynasty TV show sitting around the office having a heck of a good time but not getting much done.

I've said it before, call and ask for Garry. I've order stuff in the AM and it was on a truck by the end of the day. You folks having issues are you ordering off the website or what?

I did order off the website I'll try to get ahold of Garry in the morning not sure who it was I talked to last week.

Anyone have a number for knight other than the normal cs number? I haven't been able to get anyone to pickup or answer an email. Starting to get kind of old now.....

Calls go straight to voicemail and messages have not been returned. I have been calling between 8 and 5 eastern also, also all I want is to know that my order hasn't been lost ect and when the guns will ship. The money came out of my account almost a month ago now.

Just got off the phone with a very sweet lady with plastic indusrties. She told me everyone at knight is on vacation this week but she was able to address my concerns, it seems that the rifles are almost ready to go but knight is having a hard time getting triggers for the guns. She also said due to that they are going to be switching to a new brand of trigger but those triggers have not come in yet either. All in all I feel much better about it now that I was able to talk to someone and at least find out what was going on.

52 bore just found the thread on your 52-500 that thing looks sweet and shoots even better! Did I understand correctly you built the mild yourself?

GM54-120 said:
idahoron said:

Do you already have an Elite or a newer Knight with a cantilever type stock? You can just buy a 52cal LRH barreled action if you do.

does that mean i can buy a 50 cal DE barreled action and switch it with my 52 cal? i should really just buy a 50 cal Disc extreme but ive been wondering about this.

Fmfdred56 said:
52 bore just found the thread on your 52-500 that thing looks sweet and shoots even better! Did I understand correctly you built the mild yourself?
Sorry, I missed your question. Yes, I made the mold.
Ironically, I just made a wad cutter for this thing . I feel better with a wad behind a flat base bullet. There is not much available for 52's, they are about as odd as messing with an original.
If you want to try some, send me a PM

Attachments

• 52 wad cutter.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 258
deerlover said:
GM54-120 said:
idahoron said:

does that mean i can buy a 50 cal DE barreled action and switch it with my 52 cal? i should really just buy a 50 cal Disc extreme but ive been wondering about this.

Yes, on the Extremes its just a simple barreled action swap. Everything should interchange without any issues. The recoil lugs are different on the LRH, Mountaineers and Elites.

That is very cool I wish I had the skill to build something like that I can handle bigger projects but very much lack the skill and precision to be able to build that kind of stuff! I agree that the 52 is an oddball and that's a big part of why I want it just to be diffrent. Everyone iv talked with while out muzzy hunting was using a 50 or 58 cal, that's why I ordered a 52 and a 54 just to be diffrent.

Got a call from knight this morning 4 to 6 weeks more to the wait but the new triggers sound pretty sweet! And they called me to communicate the issues they are having I like that big difference from not being able to get ahold of them and then to them calling me! I run a business myself and very much understand the issues we run into as long as communication happens. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back