Blackhorn 209 vs Triple Seven??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magspark lites BH209 ,what else confuses you?
Yes thats obvious but what does that have to do with MY statement. A 209 is not a percussion cap. You quoted it and not sure how its a applies to what i said. The Magspark also has limited applications, mainly just for sidelock use. Cant imagine trying to deal with that thing in an inline.

Yes thats obvious but what does that have to do with MY statement. A 209 is not a percussion cap. You quoted it and not sure how its a applies to what i said. The Magspark also has limited applications, mainly just for sidelock use. Cant imagine trying to deal with that thing in an inline.
My point being that indeed BH209 will not reliably fire with a #11 cap but replacing the nipple with a Magspark enables the use of BH209 . Not everyone thinks inlines are the only muzzle loaders in use , and some of those following this might appreciate the option of using BH209 and I thought it might be worth mentioning but you have pointed out my error again /I'm done

This is exactly correct!

Latest posts

Back