CVA Hawken build

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks WT. Jon put a lot of time and muscle into that rifle. Welcome to the place. :!:  :!:  Great place to hang out.  :shooter: 

Ray.............. :thumbs up:

And you'll see lots more beautiful guns and amazing shootin by the guys here !

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

I'd easily do the same build. The cva hawken IMO is the best rifle to build off of due to all the calibers and barrel lengths easily available from deer creek. I have to call DC for prices on some parts,but my next build may be either a 32 - 36 or 46cal hawken.

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers: 

Jon,
My rifle really stands out in the sun light. Jon once again you did a fantastic job in building that CVA Hawken. I won't be able to turn my back on it at the range for too long. The stain makes the grain jump right out at you. She's going to be my hunting rifle next season so that gives me the opportunity to fondle her all summer long and enjoy every minute of it.  :thumbs up: 

Ray.............  ;)

Oooooh yeah! New sight came in, filed down the base a bit to fit into the dovetail, tapped into place, Now its time to go shooting baby!

Ray, Looks like thursday or friday I can get your rifle out.

Sounds great to me buddy  :!:  :!:  :!: Let me know how it's shooting with the new front sight blade.  :shooter: Thursday or Friday would be great. Send it when you say it's finished and ready to go.  :hats off: 

Ray............... :thumbs up:

First up, .562" round ball, .020" patch, 80gr 2f Schuetzen powder @ 50 yards.
IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

I tried 90gr which will be shown in the picture below and it reacted the same way my 58 likes it, Not good at all LOL. I won't bother with the .562" ball Ray, The 2 shots in the bulls eye are proof that this .58 is like mine and loves the tighter ball!

.575" ball, .015" patch lubed with mr flintlocks patch lube. Ray, The .570" ball with a .018 - .020" will be PERFECT.
IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

:bow:  :bow:  :bow: 

AWESOME Jon  :!:  :!:  :!: You got that baby right on   :shooter:  I've got the .570 R/B's and .018 lubed patches so I'll be ready for the range.
Those primers and patches are in good shape also. No residue, clean and in one piece.  8) Let me know when you send it and the tracking number.  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

Thanks Jon,
Ray............. :thumbs up: (You did one hell of a job. That rifle will be the high light of my collection).

hawgslayer said:

Jon,
My rifle really stands out in the sun light. Jon once again you did a fantastic job in building that CVA Hawken. I won't be able to turn my back on it at the range for too long. The stain makes the grain jump right out at you. She's going to be my hunting rifle next season so that gives me the opportunity to fondle her all summer long and enjoy every minute of it.  :thumbs up: 

Ray.............  ;)
You're gonna have fun shootin' that smoke pole hawg.   It's bound to come sooner or later on that beauty, but just remember that first scratch or scuff mark from hunting will give it some character.  ;)

Jon, you did an aw-sum job. 8) Created a rifle anyone would be proud to own and shoot. :cheers:

:D  :D  :D 

My CVA Hawken .58 cal arrived a few minutes ago and I want to tell ya that the pics don't do it justice. The stain is awesome  :!:  The reddish tint bleeds right thru. The work he did on the lock made it as smooth as silk. The new .58 cal barrel and new sights makes it a new rifle for me. Jon sighted it in for me and now I just have got to wait for a break in the weather. :(  :cry: 
Jonathan, your one hell of a craftsman :hats off: Thank you for a rifle that's, " ONE OF A KIND "  :thumbs up: 

Ray............ ;)

Enjoy it Ray! And make damn sure you get us some pictures of you with it.

Back