The Ol'Browing Buckmark 22LR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Browning Nomad .22 pistol back in the late '60s. Like a big dummie I sold it to fund another gun.
Have a Ruger Mark II now, really like it too! Both so super accurate.
Good shooting Encore!
I have a.22 Ruger Mark II also. A fun gun to shoot for sure with its accuracy.

My Dad had a Browning Challenger. Purchased in the 1960's. One of my relatives got it after he passed.
I have a Buckmark in camo, I bought probably close to 20 years ago. Good shooter. Also have a Ruger 22/45. Also a good plinker.

That's some good shooting Encore. I've had Challenger for years, since the 60's for me too. I don't shoot it much anymore, but its a great gun.

One of these days I need to get out my Colt pre-woodsman and send a few. I bought a brick of standard velocity 22LR's, but just haven't shot it in quite some time.
I actually send quite a few 22's. Keeps me in tune :)

Back in the early 90s I was waffling between the Ruger Mk II and the Browning and ended up kinda forced into the Ruger. Still have it - stainless 5.5 heavy barrel. Super accurate.

About 8 years ago I had the itch to put a dot on my Ruger, which was then immediately followed by an itch to also have an irons 22 pistol. So I got a Buckmark.

Both are great. Will admit that I've put probably 1500 thru the buckmark without cleaning and it is due, so I guess I'll find out how bad it is compared to the Ruger (which only gets cleaned when it starts getting jams, accuracy doesn't seem to fall off)

Of the two I think the Ruger has the better irons, but then I'm not a fan of the fiber optic type sights. Will be considering a replacement or getting a scope mount for it and putting the irons back on the Ruger, though I *really* like how I have the Ruger set up with the Weigand rail.

Back