$100 budget

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered the Sightron SI39x40, not a bad price at $80. I agree I can't sense spending twice as much as I paid for the gun. I think it will do just fine. Thanks guys for all the help.

Frustrated beyond belief!

OK, completely annoyed with swfa.com! I placed the order for the Sightron scope, and was notified 2 days later that they can't process payment because of billing address. I purchase a prepayed gift card when ordering online because I got scammed before(tons of heartache).

I called the gift card company and they said that the cards are anonymous and only register to the ZIP code for online purchasing. SWFA responded with "well our systems are high security for fraud and we have to have a billing address attached so we know you didn't steal someone elses card." My response was "it's a gift card, how can it be fraud if it is a gift card."

Nevertheless they refuse to budge, and I am forced to cancel the order. That being said the scope plus shipping was $93.22. So I have a Pre-Auth on the card tying up $93.22 until March 11th. Oh so frustrating, as now I must wait to use that money to order my scope, or rather just buy a Simmons at the local Gander Mountain(they don't flipping care about billing addresses).

On a lighter note I ordered a ton of Muzzy supplies from MidwayUSA.com including 3 boxes of Hornady XTP MAG 240g projectiles and used the same card with no issues. Go figure you can buy bullets without a billing address but not a scope.

Moral of the story, I will not show patronage to SWFA.com ever again. I appreciate what their doing for real credit cards but its a little extreme when they verify it being a gift card.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to speak of my experience.

Re: Frustrated beyond belief!

lamerem said:
OK, completely annoyed with swfa.com! I placed the order for the Sightron scope, and was notified 2 days later that they can't process payment because of billing address. I purchase a prepayed gift card when ordering online because I got scammed before(tons of heartache).

I called the gift card company and they said that the cards are anonymous and only register to the ZIP code for online purchasing. SWFA responded with "well our systems are high security for fraud and we have to have a billing address attached so we know you didn't steal someone elses card." My response was "it's a gift card, how can it be fraud if it is a gift card."

Nevertheless they refuse to budge, and I am forced to cancel the order. That being said the scope plus shipping was $93.22. So I have a Pre-Auth on the card tying up $93.22 until March 11th. Oh so frustrating, as now I must wait to use that money to order my scope, or rather just buy a Simmons at the local Gander Mountain(they don't flipping care about billing addresses).

On a lighter note I ordered a ton of Muzzy supplies from MidwayUSA.com including 3 boxes of Hornady XTP MAG 240g projectiles and used the same card with no issues. Go figure you can buy bullets without a billing address but not a scope.

Moral of the story, I will not show patronage to SWFA.com ever again. I appreciate what their doing for real credit cards but its a little extreme when they verify it being a gift card.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to speak of my experience.

I had a simular issue with SWFA. My credit card that I use EVERYWHERE online kept getting declined there. Turned out it was a simple thing that my bank uses my PO BOX as my mailing address rather than my actual street address.

Anyways until I got that corrected SWFA was not shipping me anything.

I won't do business with them any more after all the hassles.

cayuga said:
There are lots of low dollar scopes out there you could get and use, until you save enough or decide you want better. I will endorse a Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm. A very low dollar scope, but I have them on several rifles and have yet to break one or knock it out of whack.

I've had exactly the same experience with Simmons as cayuga. I got a Pro Diamond 4x32 on a "rescue" gun that had been rode hard & put up wet. It was beat up and not real pretty to look at on the outside. But when you put it up to your face it looks pretty darn good. I even had someone borrow it and unscrew an adjusting turret completely out of the scope :shock: to where you could look right into its innerds. I thought, "this is it for this scope" but I just carefully cleaned everything up and screwed the turret back into its place. It didn't even lose its zero! Since then, I've purchased higher priced scopes and been very happy with them too but that little Pro Diamond is still hunting and holding its own with the rest of 'em!

Stopped at Gander Mountain today, in a snow storm mind you. Took a look at the Simmons and then walked to the counter and looked at a Bushnell Banner 3-9X40. I loved the Bushnell, I think the quality was great as was the clarity. They had it for $99.99, I thanked the guy for letting me scope it out, pun intended. I walked over and went to OpticsPlanet.com while in the isle grabbing some cotton cleaning patches. OpticsPlanet had the scope for $83 with free shipping so I ordered it. Hope I made a good decision.

JStanley said:
cayuga said:
There are lots of low dollar scopes out there you could get and use, until you save enough or decide you want better. I will endorse a Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm. A very low dollar scope, but I have them on several rifles and have yet to break one or knock it out of whack.

I've had exactly the same experience with Simmons as cayuga. I got a Pro Diamond 4x32 on a "rescue" gun that had been rode hard & put up wet. It was beat up and not real pretty to look at on the outside. But when you put it up to your face it looks pretty darn good. I even had someone borrow it and unscrew an adjusting turret completely out of the scope :shock: to where you could look right into its innerds. I thought, "this is it for this scope" but I just carefully cleaned everything up and screwed the turret back into its place. It didn't even lose its zero! Since then, I've purchased higher priced scopes and been very happy with them too but that little Pro Diamond is still hunting and holding its own with the rest of 'em!

Is the reticule in the Pro Diamond only in Simmons? The reason is I have a Cabela's Pine Ridge 2.5x32 that has the same reticule Made by Simmons?

I thought it would come Monday but the mailman brought my scope today (Saturday). Highly impressed with the clarity of the Bushnell Banner. So in the end I made a choice to purchase online because it was cheaper. Gander Mountain $99.99, opticsplanet.com $83. Today I now know why it was mor at GM. The GM model number had an "F" after it signifying that scope came with Butler Creek covers. Where as the OP scope came with the bikini style covers with a bungee tether. So now I'll have to spend more to get the BC caps. Argh, lesson learned. Oh well, still love the scope.

Do you guys like the flip up style butler creek caps?

Latest posts

Back