... 2nd outing with new ACCURA MR ......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hawgslayer said:
:bounce:

Once again gents all I can  is say good things about this ACCURA MR :cheers: :cheers: .
Temp was hanging around 32* and the mist and fog almost made me turn back. It was cold, little wind at my back, heavy over cast, drizzle/snow but a die hard Marine never quits. I opened a couple of hand warmers because my fingers were turning a pretty shade of blue.
I only shot at one target because of the weather conditions. Didn't want to hang more unless I needed to.

As you can see, the target on the top left was shot with PT GOLD 260 GR with Harvester SMOOTH EASY LOAD SABOTS. The target on the right is the same PT Gold this time with Harvester CRUSHED SABOTS.
The lower left target is shot with the "NEW" PARKER Ballistic Extreme 275 grain with the Harvester smooth sabot and the lower right target was shot with my hunting bullet, the "OLD" PARKER BALISTIC EXTREME 275 GRAIN with Harvester Crushed Sabots.
The hardest bullet going down the barrel was the New Parker with the smooth sabot. What I mean by that is, the others used today were easy but the new bullet needed a little more muscle. The only difference that I can see is the new  bullet is a hair shorter then the old and by doing so it's a shade wider. I feel that's why it's tighter.
The rifle, scope, breech plug, powder and primer performed flawlessly. Didn't have any problems at all and the rifle. Never had a miss or a hang because of the damp cold wet weather. Didn't swab the barrel until I was done. Pulled the B/P out twice to remove the carbon.
Now I have a cleaning job to do along with refilling my powder tubs with 78.0 grains of Blackhorn 209 BUT MOSTLY, I've got to get warm.

RAY.......... ;)

Latest posts

Back