.45 vs .50 caliber ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a rem700 in 54. The Rem 385 CLHP and 110gV of BH209 is how I joined the Club of Crimson Crescent. I stalked up on a doe and got into the kneeling position (and crept up on the old steel weaver scope). I pulled the trigger and watched her buck run and fall. It wasn't until I was field dressing her that I noticed blood dripping on my boots and on my arm, I just thought I was wiping sweat from my brow. LOL I have about 400 of those bullets left.

Try one of these.
It will dampen the recoil by almost half, and will get your eyebrow farther from the scope.

Pachmayr 04412 Decelerator Recoil Pads, Slip-On Recoil Pad, Large, black | eBay

All of my smokeless muzzleloaders either have one of these, or a brake.

Last edited:
Good to hear. How about you?
Holding my own. My ortho is trying to keep me as pain free in the knee as possible. Once the wife is recovered, I'll get a knee replacement. The steroid induced diabetes is coming under control and the Trulicity has me down to 6.3. I've went from a high of 260# down to 228#, a good thing :)

I’ve got one 54, a few 50’s, a few 45’s, and three 40’s. I’m considering havin a 38 built after I complete a Allen Boxlock 40… (I may have a “condition“…) don’t reply to this post. My condition may be contagious 😷
Ive already been infected and there's no cure.💉💊🤒 my symptoms are lots of .45s.

Latest posts

Back