A Little added Security

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeeter

Ontariario
Reaction score
I decided to add an extra step at the bench to try to avoid mishaps, my procedure now is to lay out my shooting components for each individual sequence in a small tray to keep track of what goes down the barrel and it lets me know what's in , what's out and where I am in the sequence. I also put the empty vials back in the tray . This seems like a trivial step but it 100 % keeps you on track.
I'd also like to reiterate the importance of witness marks on your ramrod and when unsure be sure to check.
I've been at this game a long time and even seasoned shooters can get distracted which could have catastrophic results.
Lets be careful out there.

9vchW8G.jpg

I say whatever you need to do, do it. Because I usually take a couple rifles to the range with me and more than likely they will all shoot something different, I only put one powder, bullet, etc on the bench at a time. The rest stay in my shooting box. I too have been doing this since the early 70s and I have my own loading sequence down pat.

Latest posts

Back