another BH 209 convert

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got my BH 209 in yesterday and got out to try it today.

T/C Omega stainless, remington 209 primers, 90 grains BH 209, Hornady FPB bullets. No swabing between shots.

5 shot group at 100 yards = 2 & 1/4 inches with a peep sight !

Nuff said.

txhunter,
Great shooting! I'm wondering if you've ever scoped that rifle yet to see just what it's capable of. I know you're off to CO, so no scope there, but have you put one on yet to really wring the accuracy out of that gun?

No, never wanted to spend the money since I never hunt with a scope. Someday maybe.

I am just happy that I have finally found a conical that will shoot out of my Omega. This kind of acccuracy is amazing with me behind the trigger. That is why I shot a five shot group. never had that kind of accuracy from open sights in a muzzy, so I had to keep shooting to convince myself it wasn't a fluke.

That said, I was getting the same accuracy out of 777 in both my Omega and my KRB, so the bullet is the major difference, but the advantages of BH 209 is a nice bonus

Makes perfect sense, and best of luck in CO. It's coming quickly now! I can't wait to see the pics.

Back