Anyone tryed the new CVA ACCURA ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice looking rifle uc. can't wait to hear about your outing on it. you going to break it good?

UC... how long till you tear it apart and show us the guts of that thing?

:roll:

Pretty much EXACTLY like
accurasteel.gif

riyyhd.jpg
2d18r6g.jpg
2v28jtw.jpg

wu330n.jpg

3586na1.jpg
35coftv.jpg

15p4vx3.jpg
1zwlyzd.jpg

15511eh.jpg
b6u4iq.jpg

2qd0wab.jpg

10dfek1.jpg

If the hammer is cocked, barrel will not release.

wmbic9.jpg

14negs3.jpg

What is that last pic? Looks Austin & Halleck to me... :shock:

That's the forearm mount, JJ.

A&H?

I really would have prefered the stock to have coloration more like the factory pic.

UC, got one of these on the way myself... I went with the Camo/SS version. So we shall see how she does,,, I'm going with 100g of 777 and a 338 Platinum Powerbelt. I also went with the Durasight Z2 rings and base with a Bushnell elite 4200 3X9X40.

I have one in house and have coated two more with Ultra Gun Shield and UBC. CVA was nice enough to let me keep the third one for awhile.I'll post pics as soon as I can. This is the least finiky MZ.I've ever shot. I've used 100 grs.of 777 and Pyrodex both.Shot Power Belts and 240 gr. XTP in the green Hornady sabot. Off the bench it cuts the same hole at 100 yards. Using the Alloy Z base and rings with a 6X42 Lupie. The bore is smooth and lockup is very tight. I like it so much they will need to sell it to me as I'm not sending her home. Besides there leting me keep it through Jan. 09 for T/E. I'm taking her deer hunting tommrow. KS. early ML season. I'll keep you all posted as I go if your interested. My take so far is there worth the money. :D

Thanks Doug! Definitely keep us posted... how was the blow back into the action/frame using 777?

Man, dem DWB bro'z o mine iz givin me sum flak - help!! :wink:

Bases didn't come today. :?

couple more pics for y'all

2vijplf.jpg

2zretfa.jpg

Have to say I'm derned impressed with the machining on this rifle.

Dang, to be honest UC, i figured you would find all kinds of stuff on this rifle that you didnt like LOL.

Going to go through the entire rifle before shooting?

don't need another 50cal, don't need another 50cal

maybe another 45cal or an white .451 lol

flint head said:
Thanks Doug! Definitely keep us posted... how was the blow back into the action/frame using 777?

flint head, so far after 100 rounds give or take zero blow back. I'm running win. 209 primers and 100 grains by volume 777 2ffg. We will run seperate observations on pyrodex. By zero blow back I mean nothing past the breech plug. UC is right the machining on these rifles is as good as I've ever seen on a production gun and lockup is rock solid. Now I'm going to see about getting some blood on it.

Is the accura drilled and tapped similar to optimas? I just noticed EABCO has their bases available for CVA optimas and wondered if these would also work for the accura. I've always liked the EABCO scope bases and rings.

Not that I'm looking at buying an accura, even though I'd like to try one. Hard to set my prohunter aside when it shoots so good.

Have to do some work on Coreys hawken, but afterwards i will take apart my Optima to compare things to.

The Accura to me, seems like an upscale Redesigned optima that fixes quite a bit of the optimas cheaper appearance.

Latest posts

Back