Bear hunting .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang in there Sharpsshooter, the hunt has bear-ly begun.

Good luck! I have a bait going in the back yard. I want to get rid of the local resident before he goes after the chickens and goats.

What do you use for bait MTY? I suggest you try dumping a can of Del Monte fresh cut sweet peas at the base of a tree. Bears can't resist taking a pea next to a tree.

Last edited:
I will try the peas! I know for a fact they do not like zucchini. One year I kept throwing it in the bait and the bears kept throwing it out.
I like to soak a rotten stump in hot restaurant grease. When the stump starts getting chewed up, I pitch on cheap dry dog food, once again soaked in hot restaurant grease. I use a 5 gallon bucket and a back packing stove.
This bait is being run by a friend. He was telling me he wanted to bear bait, but he did not know where to do it. I practically begged him to put it behind the house.
There is a picture of the bear under the heading Backyard Bear in the trail camera pictures section.

Latest posts

Back