Bear hunting .

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought so - I am glad he is going! Good luck but I am afraid the weather isn't going to help you a bit! Thur - Fri next week are supposed to cool down into the 70's but it has been really hot and dry over here!
Yea. Kinda thought that. And unit 1 is spot and stalk only. No bait no dogs etc. that alone makes it tough. But if and when I get one it will be that much sweeter just due to the challenge .

Yea. Kinda thought that. And unit 1 is spot and stalk only. No bait no dogs etc. that alone makes it tough. But if and when I get one it will be that much sweeter just due to the challenge .

The 'challenge' isn't that why we really like to hunt and even more like to use a muzzleloader! Shoot I do not even use my center fire rifles anymore.

Took my daughter out with me bear hunting yesterday. Mostly a hike in the woods because she is leaving today. Hiked 5 miles is her Apple Watch is accurate. Got to a pond where there was a lot of dead trees ripped apart by bears. One pretty large one looked just right to sit down on for a bit. When I did, a swarm of paper wasps came out to the end of the log! Walked away slowly. How I wasn’t bit I don’t know.

Then saw a bull elk wallow in the pond! No bears but cool huntBD137814-2F8D-4DFB-BD65-9F6055353AAF.jpeg0F95C4E9-CA72-4DD9-8453-2A9B276F1CD9.jpeg

First camp area. Moved up higher now . First 3 days spent scouting around looking for sign.
Thick thick brush 😁 But a lot more comfortable this trip . Tent instead of bivy sack and hammock . Gonna scout the high country today .

Attachments

• 7A1BFEDD-EB04-43D1-BF65-BE4C2C82F452.jpeg
    7A1BFEDD-EB04-43D1-BF65-BE4C2C82F452.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 9519911F-6F64-4230-9A28-19BBBC22F52E.jpeg
    9519911F-6F64-4230-9A28-19BBBC22F52E.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
First camp area. Moved up higher now . First 3 days spent scouting around looking for sign.
Thick thick brush 😁 But a lot more comfortable this trip . Tent instead of bivy sack and hammock . Gonna scout the high country today .
Looks like youre driving a Commander. Ive got one with a v8 and 2” lift kit, same color, too. Love that thing with a roof top tent camper on it so i dont have to sleep on the ground. Nice looking pair of mules you have there too. Fuel or water in those roof tanks?

Latest posts

Back