Best 10x Binocs for around $100

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bushnell Legend Binoculars 10x 50mm Porro Prism Armored Black--

About $130, and fabulously good for the money, RainGuard, etc.

There ya go...
Bushnell Legend Binoculars 10x 50mm Porro Prism Armored Black--

About $130, and fabulously good for the money, RainGuard, etc.
Chicken dinner, always a winner! :yeah:

How do you turn them in to 10X's?

News flash...Glue use MAY cause loss of vision...

ABSOLUTELY I would spend a little more...VERY little...and buy the Leupold Wind River Mesa 8X42s. Simply AWESOME binoculars for the price!

SERIOUSLY...I'd CERTAINLY rather have these than any 10x in the same(or LESS) price range. As magnification increases, optical quality must be BETTER to have the same image quality. 8X is more versatile and more than enough for ...well, anything I can think of.

The Leupold 8X42 Mesas are a sure thing. You can take that to the bank!

I have a pair of Bushnell Legends in 10 x 42. They are great glasses for the money.

I most often use a pair of Swarovsky (spelling?) 8 x 42 and they are very very good.

When I bought the above Bushnells I had the privelege of trying a pair of Swarovsky 10 x 42's for a week. Great glasses but not worth 8 times as much money for me.

I see clearly in the Bushnells and I use binoculars a lot while hunting. Most are clear but many make me go cross-eyed after looking thru them for 5 or 10 minutes.

The Bushnell Legends nor the Swarovsky glasses failed this test.

I got a pair of pentax 10x at wally world on clearance for 49 bucks that were outstanding, they regular go for 99 bucks. I gave them to my boy here a few weeks back and can't remember what model they were as they are still out there to be had. I think Randy saw them, maybe he remembers what they were.

Rifleman said:
I think Randy saw them, maybe he remembers what they were.

No, sorry I don't.

It was read license plates with the Bushnell porro 10 x 50s and your Minox pair.

You bet, those Minox binocs of yours were as good as I've ever peeped through. :prayer:

RandyWakeman said:
Pistols at dawn, Scooter. You didn't test either one. :roll:

Leupold Wind River Mesa 8x42 **BEST BUY**
The Mesas are the first full sized binoculars that I would actually use personally. The images were very clear even during poor light. The Mesas had several features that were nice: waterproofness, a nice neoprene strap, locking focus adjustment, and screw in/out eyepieces. During the objective testing I was able to read all of line 8 and some of line 9 on the eye chart. Weight was 1lb 12ounces, strap attached. Made in China.

During the objective testing

Is that objective or subjective?
:stretch:

I've hunted for years with roof prism 8 x 32 waterproofs for normal field glasses. Out of a boat, 10X's are tough for me to see through with the waves bouncing you around. Canon, Bushnell Legends, etc.

There are a few trends-- any "compact" bino set I've tried stinks on ice. Perma-focus whatevers can give you amazing headaches.

For the money, you can get WAY more performance for the dollar with porro prism units vs. roof prisms.

The Bushnell Legend 10 x 50s are bulky, but also easy to hold steady-- bought those for the pronghorn hunt, where I thought a little more X was indicated. They are amazingly good, and most can't tell the difference between them and a $500 set of binoculars. I can't. They are easy on the eyes, waterproof, and have RainGuard.

To get any noticeable difference, you really have to lay out some heavy cash. Rifleman's Minox pair was slightly better, but the Legends were so very close side by side you could never tell without a simultaneous comparison.

They dwarf any $50 chainstore pair you'll find-- you really get your money's worth with porro Legends.

Back