BH 209 UPDATE 9/24/08

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I think I had posted this a while back but not sure

I got some BH 209 a few weeks ago and the container came in opened and very light
I contacted Powder Valley and they said to weigh it.
Well with chemo treatments and MRI's and all that jazz I just got to it last night
Total,the container weighs 7.6 oz,powder and all
I contacted them and they want to reimburse me for the missing powder with money(pro rated).I said no.
My point being that I paid a $25 haz mat fee for 10 oz of powder but only got a little,now when the powder runs out I will have to pay it again.
Am I asking to much for them to send me a new tub of powder?
I dont want to be hard to deal with but as the customer I feel a new tub at no cost to me would be the proper thing for them to do.

What do yall think?

09/24/08
Powder Valley is sending me a new tub of BH209
Well done
PV

I would ask for a new tub and reimbursement of your original expense. Go for the gusto.

I just got an e mail from them and it is supposed to weigh 12.16 oz
Mine is 7.6
So I asked how they were going to fix it.
We shall see

saxman

Always start at the highest you can get. You can never go up only go down once you set a term. Be interested in this outcome and how the CS is...............

this is probably not their fault
It was more than likely shipped to them that way,just a stray tub that didn't get done properly or something but that is where I bought it so I think a new tub would be in order at least.

Re: BH 209

saxman1 said:
I think I had posted this a while back but not sure

I got some BH 209 a few weeks ago and the container came in opened and very light
I contacted Powder Valley and they said to weigh it.
Well with chemo treatments and MRI's and all that jazz I just got to it last night
Total,the container weighs 7.6 oz,powder and all
I contacted them and they want to reimburse me for the missing powder with money(pro rated).I said no.
My point being that I paid a $25 haz mat fee for 10 oz of powder but only got a little,now when the powder runs out I will have to pay it again.
Am I asking to much for them to send me a new tub of powder?
I dont want to be hard to deal with but as the customer I feel a new tub at no cost to me would be the proper thing for them to do.

What do yall think?

Scott,

I think you should contact Western and let them Know what you received. I am absolutely sure they would want to know about the seal being broken and powder missing. Right now, YOU don't know for SURE what powder is in that container. I know if I was manufacturing/distributing/selling something like GUNPOWDER, I would want to make sure my customer was getting EXACTLY what they should be getting. Heaven forbid that someone exchanged your Blackhorn 209 for some cheaper smokeless.

I know I would not shoot that powder, if the seal was broken, someone would be making it right and more importantly SAFE to shoot.

Call Western and let them know Powder Valley is trying to give you the old run-around. If you don't get anywhere with Customer Service ask for Don Luhr in the Lab, he may want that container back for testing. I have conversed with Don about this powder/rifles/ignition sources by e-mail and phone, he is a good guy. Let them know that you do not feel that the powder is safe to shoot, since the seal is broken and the container does not have the proper amount of powder inside.

ANY Company worth their salt will take care of this situation, I suspect that Western is one of those. You should not have to pay another dime, AND you should have a brand new SEALED container of powder with the proper amount of powder inside. I know I would not settle for anything less.

Let us know what you find out. If you don't get satisfaction with Western, let me know, I'll get ahold of Don myself. They might make Powder Valley make it right, or just take care of it.

That is what I think! :wink:

TTT

Powder Valley is sending me a new tub of BH 209.

Well done PV

Scott,

Good to hear! Let us know how it works for ya. :wink:

Latest posts

Back