BH209 in Michigan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Keep checking! The Wal-Marts are getting it in but, how long it lasts is the question.

Michigan........ It states we have 5 bottles locally, Alpena store. I have not been there to verify. I WILL NOT ship or attempt to ship but, if you want to travel, I would purchase and hold it until you could pick up. You would be required to pick it up prior to July 28th, which is my knee replacement date.

Keep checking! The Wal-Marts are getting it in but, how long it lasts is the question.

Michigan........ It states we have 5 bottles locally, Alpena store. I have not been there to verify. I WILL NOT ship or attempt to ship but, if you want to travel, I would purchase and hold it until you could pick up. You would be required to pick it up prior to July 28th, which is my knee replacement date.
Encore........what app is it that you can get? I downloaded the walmart app and I they dont even list blackhorn 209.

There are currently 12-10 ounce bottles of lot 41 at our local Sportsman Warehouse. $48.95 a bottle.
I have about 3-1/2 pounds on hand, along with 700 Win..209 primers, so don't really need to buy more, at this time.
I feel for those that can't find either.

Using the brickseek app, put in different zip codes near your location and some will probably pop-up. That's how I found some.

None in AZ either.... Correction there appears to be some in a Walmart 362 miles away. There are a few others that show out of stock but most it doesn't even come up as if they don't stock it. Too far for me to drive but I will be somewhat in the area over the weekend. If the checker still shows that on Sunday I may have to make a small detour.

I sent my inlaws in S. IN on a wild goose chase earlier this week. Some near them in the Walmart on the tracker. FIL went in there and they had no idea what he was talking about. Maybe in the back or on a truck somewhere, who knows, but wasn't on the shelf and the employees had no clue. I was hoping maybe he could get his hands on some for me at a reasonable price and bring it when they come to spend the winter here in AZ.

Everyone I ask says its worth the hassle and the cost of getting it but I'm starting to kinda doubt that.

Last edited:
I was down to about 1 oz. and getting desperate. The brickseek showed one Walmart in middle TN had one bottle. Called before driving out, said they haven't had any blackpowder or reloading products for more that a year. Then I got lucky(?) and found it online at Bass Pro. It came from a Springfield MO. Bass Pro store. I'm ashamed to admit I paid $65 for the 8 oz. Probably $20 is for hazmat shipping.

Latest posts

Back