Blackhorn 209.....WTH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And everything I remember it was second focal plane if you Google it and ask?? I just did looks like second to me

Thank you,.. rear obviously means first in my simpleton mind it meant the forward part of the scope,, and it seem like I've been used to seeing ffp instead of rear I will look closer thank you

That's kind of what I thought ,,, maybe I'm confused all I know is for the money they were excellent scopes and I put a gazillion bullets through the two I had, I do recommend them although to be honest both of them had a little bit of fish eye I know others have commented that they were clear I can accept a little fisheye if they can take the recoil

Just ordered a Burris full field for an accura mr-x 😉 a feller just traded me…
Only thing I don't like on mine is the elevation and windage "clicks", don't click. It's more like the old friction knobs than actual audible adjustments. The upside is you only have to mess with it on sight in day, as the reticle does the job after that.

Gettin low on primers i bought a 209 made for ML and had misfires with my LHR Redemption shooting BH209…never happened before. I went back to Winchester 209 shotshell primer and cured the problem. A fella at my range last week was having an issue with misfires in his new Knight shooting BH209 and ML primers. Could not figure it out as this was a new gun. Gave him some of my Winchesters…fixed his issue.

Anyone know if the Burris Fullfield E1" 3-9x40 model #200347 muzzleloader scope is first or second focal plane? I can't find the instruction booklet.
Easy to tell if FFP or 2FP, when you increase magnification does the reticle get larger?
If the reticle stays the same it is 2FP, if the reticle gets larger it is FFP.

Yes,,that's why I was sure.but the way Burris describes it I could see why encore thought thought it was ffp,, I'm not sure if there's a first focal plane scope at that price point maybe a couple that are almost at that price point.. I thought a little bit more about my fisheye description perhaps that was incorrect I think it's more of just that little sweet spot in eye relief where the lens was real clear but then again maybe that is what some people call fisheye anyway still really a good scope for the money..

Caniborrowsomeammo has it right. But now I'm confused, because the link clearly states that it is first focal plane. Shiner200gr, please check what Caniborrowsomeammo says and let us know.

Latest posts

Back