Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter12

Reaction score
Blackhorn is almost impossible to find anywhere,unless you want to pay out the wazoo for an 8 oz. container. I recall buying it anywhere for around $35.00 for 10 oz. WHY have they cut down from a 10 oz. container to 8 oz. and why is the cost now up around $80.00 for 8 oz.?

I hope or think a good stout load of T7 FFFG would be comparable i would think???? Anyone?? Thoughts?? The BH209 prices are dumb currently..

Swiss might be different but, T7 and BH are pretty equal to 100yds or so. BH is progressive burning so the pressure changes.
This chart represents equal volume charges as I understand it.

Pressure trace comparisons.JPG

Still not really understanding the “to 100 yards or so.” Velocity is whatever it is at the instant the bullet leaves the barrel. Then the bullet slows due to drag. The chart above is the pressure curve within the barrel isn’t it?

Does anyone have information about the cause of the bh price increase?

What I mean is have the production costs dramatically increased, or are we just being gouged?

Tom

Does anyone have information about the cause of the bh price increase?

What I mean is have the production costs dramatically increased, or are we just being gouged?

Tom
Have you not noticed that the price of everything has gone up? That everything is in short supply??
It’s like we’re living in 1980 Russia.

Have you not noticed that the price of everything has gone up? That everything is in short supply??
It’s like we’re living in 1980 Russia.
Nice try.

If the grocery store was charging $10 for 4/5 of a gallon of milk I'd also question it.

Someone go to midway and try buying buying BH209. It says avail but when u go to check out it shows me an empty cart.

Back