Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powdervalleyinc, Midsouth, and cabelas all had Blackhorn 209 as of YESTERDAY bought a big load from powdervalley as thats where I found it first. I have looked for months so I took the plunge.....
I got 4, hopefully that willblast me a while. I dont shoot a whole lot. Only get it sighted in and hunt with it.

I got 4, hopefully that willblast me a while. I dont shoot a whole lot. Only get it sighted in and hunt with it.
should be good to go, I bought 8, gonna give some to my dad and sight in a few of my rifles. then store the rest. I should be good for a good while. Seems like Hodgdon sent out a big shipment to everyone...

should be good to go, I bought 8, gonna give some to my dad and sight in a few of my rifles. then store the rest. I should be good for a good while. Seems like Hodgdon sent out a big shipment to everyone...
They did i emailed them last week i knew this was coming , they told me within the next 4 weeks its going to be everywhere for a while.

Good luck, post the results, Would be interested in seeing. Nothing wrong with good ol Triple 7, just messy..... :)
Oh ill DEF DEF post up every detail possible. Recoil isn't a bother for me so ill be pushing hard to get the max out of each. To get the real deal between the 2. Nothing crazy, but im not looking for a light load. I wanna good solid comparison, at the higher end level. Itll be a bit yet but ill make sure i post it all for everyone. But i also don't wanna loose the accuracy either.

Oh ill DEF DEF post up every detail possible. Recoil isn't a bother for me so ill be pushing hard to get the max out of each. To get the real deal between the 2. Nothing crazy, but im not looking for a light load. I wanna good solid comparison, at the higher end level. Itll be a bit yet but ill make sure i post it all for everyone. But i also don't wanna loose the accuracy either.
what are you going to be shooting?
What bullets exactly and what gun?

what are you going to be shooting?
What bullets exactly and what gun?
Knight mountaineer, im going with the fury startips bullet to bore with veggie wad. ALSO i want to ( try ) the .402 cal in a blue crush sabot, i msy need to size them down a tad but im going to ( try ) that saboted combo first. Just to see, i know the bullets are long , kinda hoping they will work with the sabot. Alo 1:20 twist. Both bullets 275 gr.

Back