Blackhorn has went up again.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m selling off the last of my 40 S&W ammo today, since I don’t own a gun in that caliber anymore. I think I have at least 12 canisters of BH209, and since I’ve gone back to shooting T7 and pyrodex, I may sell it too. I could make someone really happy considering current prices.

I did this yesterday. 10 ounce containers.

Order Details

Billing Address:
Shipping Address:
FFL Recipient ID:
FFL Recipient:
, ,
FFL Contact:

Product CodeUPCDescriptionQuantityPriceExtended
55545094794021105Accurate Blackhorn 209 Muzzeloader 10 oz 1 Canister
3$71.25$213.75

Total Items:3
Cart Total:213.75
Tax:0.00
Shipping Fee:0.00
Order Total:213.75

Order Details

Billing Address:
Shipping Address:
FFL Recipient ID:
FFL Recipient:
, ,
FFL Contact:

3$71.25$213.75

Where did you order that from? The fact that its saying Accurate BH 209 & 10oz canisters is suspicious. Accurate does not make Bh 209 & there are no more 10oz botles in store shelves any longer.

..................... there are no more 10oz botles in store shelves any longer.
I just bought two 10oz bottles the other day off the shelf but marked Hodgdon. I can go right now and buy two more 10oz bottles from the same shop.
There are a lot of small shops that seen the writing on the wall, unlike most consumers, that have a stock of the 10oz bottles left. They pop up here and there.
I'd go buy two more bottles, but I have a considerable amount now. I stop in there periodically and when I do the next time, I'm pretty sure I'll cave and buy two more bottles.
I found 30 bottles, all 10oz bottles at the Bow Hole in Indian River.

Where did you order that from? The fact that its saying Accurate BH 209 & 10oz canisters is suspicious. Accurate does not make Bh 209 & there are no more 10oz botles in store shelves any longer.
It's a description glitch on their site. It comes from the Accurate. Powerful. Clean. part on the canister's label. Or not. Hodgdon acquired the manufacturer of BH 209 a few years ago. I don't know/remember if it was Accurate, Winchester yada. BUTT!!! Izgotsmesum, sir.

Just one opinion -- monopolistic profit taking.
I would say that it is a production choice. When smokeless started to skyrocket, distributors were purchasing at their regular prices even though there were delays in receiving. It's AUG23, [thedukesvoice]"Production and Demand, Mrs. Langdon. Production and Demand."[/thedukesvoice]

I would say that it is a production choice. When smokeless started to skyrocket, distributors were purchasing at their regular prices even though there were delays in receiving. It's AUG23, [thedukesvoice]"Production and Demand, Mrs. Langdon. Production and Demand."[/thedukesvoice]
Its corporate greed along with selective production to maintain an artificial shortage..

Don't know what the fascination with BH is. Yes, it's cleaner. People claim better accuracy.
Once you sight-in, you are only shooting once or maybe twice at game in a sitting. Getting dozens of shots without cleaning is of no benefit here. Accuracy? People get just as good with other propellants. It's time to get off the BH addiction. LOL.

Order Details

Billing Address:
Shipping Address:
FFL Recipient ID:
FFL Recipient:
, ,
FFL Contact:

3$71.25$213.75

They show sold out today. Just an FYI for those contemplating

I’m selling off the last of my 40 S&W ammo today, since I don’t own a gun in that caliber anymore. I think I have at least 12 canisters of BH209, and since I’ve gone back to shooting T7 and pyrodex, I may sell it too. I could make someone really happy considering current prices.
If you do, id be interested.

Don't know what the fascination with BH is. Yes, it's cleaner. People claim better accuracy.
Once you sight-in, you are only shooting once or maybe twice at game in a sitting. Getting dozens of shots without cleaning is of no benefit here. Accuracy? People get just as good with other propellants. It's time to get off the BH addiction. LOL.
Excellent point. That's the way I think about it. I will be fine shooting T7 once I run out of blackhorn.

4223F19F-7912-4AE7-8D63-000ED495294D.gif

Latest posts

Back