Bonded Shockwaves

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the 250 gr SST is now available and it has a blue tip instead of the yellow tip. Anybody tried them yet?

Rifleman said:
It is my understanding that the 250 gr SST is now available and it has a blue tip instead of the yellow tip. Anybody tried them yet?

JJ already has them. I think he was shooting them today. :)

I'm really not sure I want to fix something that may not be broken. SO FAR I have no REAL complaints of the 250gr SST.

big6x6 said:
I'm really not sure I want to fix something that may not be broken. SO FAR I have no REAL complaints of the 250gr SST.
My son and I have shot 6 deer with the 250SST/SW: none traveled over 10 yds. Actually, 1 traveled 10 yds, and the other 5 fell in their tracks. I'm aware that this bullet doesn't have the mushrooming characteristics of an "ideal" big game bullet, but it certainly has been deadly on all the deer(small sample size) we've shot. I'm hesitant to replace it with anything though I am considering trying the Barnes 300g when they become available again.

I think I'll stay with the SST's. When I bought my first in-line I shot XTP's at a much slower velocity. They made terrible exit holes and messed up a lot of meat and that was on a behind the shoulder lung shot. Each one ran 50 to 70 yds. When I bought my savage last year I went to the SST. I've shot at 4 deer and hit 4 deer. All shots were pass through and no deer went farther that 20 feet, with one dropping in it's tracks. Yesterday was the first time I found a bullet fragment in the animal and it was a small piece of the copper jacket. I'll stick with them since they work well for me and there's nothing better available to me around here.

big6x6 said:

I killed a eight point yesterday morning with the 250gr SST and it performed flawless. Complete pass through at 85 yds. So I don't have any complaints either. :wink:

big6x6 said:

What Chuck said! :wink:

sfspike said:
Dwight,
If you are interrested, I posted a wet newspaper test comparison of the bonded SW and the SST on the Doug's board recently. You can read it there.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.

DaveM

Why not post it here as well?

I have em Dwight, I just never got to shoot this weekend... rain rain rain rain..

JD and I tried yesterday, out of 3 ranges, we couldnt find an opening... guess deer season is around the corner!!!

Latest posts

Back